Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G. COLTON said:
Are "temple rubbings" still a big tourist item?

G
No, I haven't seen that. When was the last time you were here?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
How's the cost of things over there? Very affordable I would assume?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
synergest1 said:

No, I haven't seen that. When was the last time you were here?
Last time I was there was 1968.

I know James Jewelers is still there. See them here in the states periodically and get Christmas cards. Good place to buy.

G

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
laborlitigator said:
How's the cost of things over there? Very affordable I would assume?
The baht/dollar rate has taken a beating since the first time I came here in 2002, but even with that it's still pretty cheap. I can go out get a very good meal for $6.00 USD that in the states would be double or triple that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G. COLTON said:

Last time I was there was 1968.

I know James Jewelers is still there. See them here in the states periodically and get Christmas cards. Good place to buy.

G
1968, I am guessing you were either at Utapao or Udon Thani?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
G. COLTON said:

R&R trip into Bankok from Vietnam. I actually had an assignment into NKP that was cancelled before I got there.

G
I am Utapao now; we are sending aid into Burma for disaster relief. I’ll post some pics later.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
synergest1,

Sawat dii khrap. Sabai dii mai khrap? Those temple pics look like they were taken in the Suan Luang area, chai mai? Did you get to see Wat Phra Kaew? If you're up for a nice hike, try Wat Phuu Khao Thawng. You'll get a breathtaking view of Bangkok from from the top of the Wat. Chok dii khrap.:4:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EXCALIBUR said:
synergest1,

Sawat dii khrap. Sabai dii mai khrap? Those temple pics look like they were taken in the Suan Luang area, chai mai? Did you get to see Wat Phra Kaew? If you're up for a nice hike, try Wat Phuu Khao Thawng. You'll get a breathtaking view of Bangkok from from the top of the Wat. Chok dii khrap.:4:
Sabai dee! Well I see someone else has spent some time in Thailand too, and from all the Thai written in your e-mail sounds like you had some one on one leasons :D The 2 labeled grand palace are of Wat Phra Kaew. I have not climbed or seen Wat Phuu Khao Thawng, but if I have time when I am next in Bangkok, I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From the hill tribes of Northen Thailand.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Chao Phraya river from my room at the Shangri-La in Bangkok.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rambutan fruit, if you've never had it, it is better than it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This thing is enormous in real life and yes, that is gold inlaid into the carving.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts