Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the message below pop up when clicking on the text/email in the phone menu?

I have no issues connecting via Bluetooth and streaming music, voice calls, etc. However I have never been able to get text/email to work. I have tried all of the suggestions mentioned (unpair phone and repair, disconnect car battery, update iPhone cell settings, enabling messages on the hands free link in the iPhone Bluetooth options). Both my wife and my phone have the same issue. Running the latest iOS (we have a iPhone X and 11).

Any ideas? Does this point to a defective component within the Hands Free link system?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
On your phone. Go to settings,Bluetooth,handsfreelink ,tap the exclamation point. There should be an option to show notifications. Among others. Turn that on. You will then receive notifications of text messages. As far as responding,that has never worked on the iPhone on my car. Of course,you have to be connected to the car to change the setting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have that “show notifications” setting enabled on both iPhones and still receive the same error message.

On your phone. Go to settings,Bluetooth,handsfreelink ,tap the exclamation point. There should be an option to show notifications. Among others. Turn that on. You will then receive notifications of text messages. As far as responding,that has never worked on the iPhone on my car. Of course,you have to be connected to the car to change the setting.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
What year? What exactly are you trying to do? Are you receiving notifications? Is this responding to a notification?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to have received text message appear on the HFL display.

I have a 2017 Tech.

You mentioned that sending text has never worked. Why is that the case?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I am trying to have received text message appear on the HFL display.

I have a 2017 Tech.

You mentioned that sending text has never worked. Why is that the case?
When I receive a text message,it will only show up when the car is in park. I have never seen anyone mention being able to send messages on an iPhone. At least through the 17 model year. As far as why,only Apple or Acura knows that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts