Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of adding another product to the HAW stable.....white bulbs! I'm getting one complete set in next week....highs, lows, and fogs. I don't know anything about them other than they are supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, which will remain to be seen.

Volunteer must post pics of their 'X, and take before and after day and night shots, whatever would be appropriate, and give an honest review. If you have not test piloted before, here's your chance!

First accepting post!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tim,
I'd love to test pilot the new bulbs. I have never changed a headlight (or foglight bulb) before, though. Is it pretty easy? I am sure I could probably figure it out without too much trouble.

I would be happy to post before/after photos.

cbarry

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're in! It'll be about a few days before they arrive, and if need be I can help walk you through the install.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tim,

How much these going for? If $ is right, I can take a set and I would be honored to post some pics as well and provide a second honest opinion.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Darn I wanted to test these awwwwww:(, meep got a digital meep.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tim....

....any update on these "new" bulbs?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Count me in.....

Tim --

Count me in for the bulbs. Assume these are not as powerful as the HID variety quoted in another thread in this section.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Uh oh :23:

·
Registered
248 Posts
SORRY for the delay!

Update:
The bulbs came while I was out of town at a conference. I have been busy at work since then, and haven't had a chance to try them out.
I am going to put them in today or tomorrow, take some photos, and post them as soon as I get a chance.

Again, I apologize for not getting the pictures of the bulbs up sooner.

cbarry

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bulbs installed!-- First impression

Update on the New bulbs: (Photos in a couple of days)

They are Narva bulbs (from Germany):
I secretely replaced my usual coffee... er... halogen headlights, with these, sent to me kindly by Tim. I attempted to use a digital camera, but mine is not good quality (to be upgraded soon...). So I took a couple of rolls of film showing the old lights, new lights, and mixed for comparison sake.

I first replaced the low beam and high beam on one side only and noticed a big difference in the color. The new bulbs had a much whiter, HID look than the stock bulbs. My wife immediately could tell which side I had replaced. I drove around a little bit and thought the lighting was a higher quality. I am impressed with these bulbs so far.

I am unable to change the fog lights, however. I do not have a wrench long enough to loosen the necessary bolt to free the fog light assembly. :3: Perhaps this is something I can have a local service dept do. The new bulbs still look good with the stock fog lights. IMO, fog lights can be different from the low beams without detracting from the appearance.

I will post photos soon. Stay tuned...
Thank you, Tim, for the opportunity to test pilot these bulbs.

cbarry

·
Registered
121 Posts
i'll take a set when your ready !

also, do you know if you can get'em for other makes ? like a 98 BMW M3 ?

jeff

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Re: Bulbs installed!-- First impression

cbarry said:
Update on the New bulbs: (Photos in a couple of days)

They are Narva bulbs (from Germany):
I secretely replaced my usual coffee... er... halogen headlights, with these, sent to me kindly by Tim. I attempted to use a digital camera, but mine is not good quality (to be upgraded soon...). So I took a couple of rolls of film showing the old lights, new lights, and mixed for comparison sake.

I first replaced the low beam and high beam on one side only and noticed a big difference in the color. The new bulbs had a much whiter, HID look than the stock bulbs. My wife immediately could tell which side I had replaced. I drove around a little bit and thought the lighting was a higher quality. I am impressed with these bulbs so far.

I am unable to change the fog lights, however. I do not have a wrench long enough to loosen the necessary bolt to free the fog light assembly. :3: Perhaps this is something I can have a local service dept do. The new bulbs still look good with the stock fog lights. IMO, fog lights can be different from the low beams without detracting from the appearance.

I will post photos soon. Stay tuned...
Thank you, Tim, for the opportunity to test pilot these bulbs.

cbarry
cbarry,

You should be able to reach down and access the fog lamp bulb by simply opening the hood, without taking out the housing. It's just a matter of disconnecting the harness, turning the bulb, and voila it's out. (If your hands won't fit, maybe a lady's hand will make it through where the battery is a bit better) Just reach down and put in the new bulb turn it and connect the harness again.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
cbarry,

Hope someone warned you not to touch the glass part of the bulb ... I hear that oil from the skin has a major negative impact on bulb life ...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts