Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, back to having fun!

Need a test pilot for an impressive new ergonomically correct shift knob, especially designed for the MDX!

The volunteer must be able to post pics and give a review of the shift knob. Potential test pilot must be the kind of person that drives their X a lot (because the beauty of the knob is in arm comfort).

Any takers? :D

First accepting post gets it!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I'll take it Tim.

MDXtrous

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I'll post pics and give a good review. I'll even compare it with my original leather, the wood one I got from you, and the new one!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
So, back to having fun!

Need a test pilot for an impressive new ergonomically correct shift knob, especially designed for the MDX!

The volunteer must be able to post pics and give a review of the shift knob. Potential test pilot must be the kind of person that drives their X a lot (because the beauty of the knob is in arm comfort).

Any takers? :D

First accepting post gets it!
Tim,

I'll give a try and post pictures, even though I just ordered a shift knob from you.

Al

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I take it on if you want got my Nikon Digital Cam. Want to get rid of that crappy shift knob I ebayed. :) ehh couldnt hurt to ask.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ditto

A2MDXer said:
Darn! Once again, I let half an hour go by without checking the site...:D :D
I was about to say the same thing.

But if Tim doesnt mind letting more than 1 tester, I'd be happy to oblige. :D

I guess next time I should be always on 24/7! :12:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
A2MDXer said:
Darn! Once again, I let half an hour go by without checking the site...:D :D
Damn, try a few minutes! I just toggled windows to work on something else, and BAAAM! It got right pass me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
wait? did someone already take it? Tim didn't say so.... :2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Talked to Tim yesterday and he said that MDXtrous is getting the shifter knob as he was the first to post.
I'm looking forward to his appraisal

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Tim,

Yes, I did receive the shifter. It was a rough weekend and I didn't get a chance to put it in. I'd like to do it during daylight, so the pics would be better. But I can also do it with "flashed" pics if that's not a problem, and quick turnaround is a priority.

Any preference?

Thanks,
MDXtrous

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I just bought the stock shift knob from an Acura CL-S automatic. I wasn't looking to get one, but came across a guy on the CL forum who was selling it for only $20 and the same knob on Ebay is selling for $35. If I don't like it on the X I'll sell it for a small profit.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
MDXtrous,

Why not post the photos with FLASH light first. If it doesn't show good, then do it again during the day light? :2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I knew I shouldn't have joined this forum. I'm now actually anxiously awaiting pictures of a new shift knob? Worse yet depending on how it looks and how much MDXtrous likes it, it may be the highlight of my day?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
What in blazes is that - the release handle for the ejector seat ??? Holy cowbells, Batman . . .

·
Registered
206 Posts
socalJD said:
What in blazes is that - the release handle for the ejector seat ??? Holy cowbells, Batman . . .
What in blazes is a "91 Tan Shiba Inu"

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
woof, woof

Harry said:

What in blazes is a "91 Tan Shiba Inu"
That would be my pure bred dog, resembles a mini Akita, most folks think she looks like a domestic fox . . .

1 - 20 of 83 Posts