Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Test drove 2016 Volvo XC90

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sgtglok 
#1 ·
I test drove a 16 Volvo XC90
T5 for 15 minutes at my local Volvo meet and drive program. The looks are nice, the seats are very good and comfortable. The seats also seem very tall. The third row is harder to get into and out of. The center stack is cool. All controls from the screen just like the MDX. They showed us the T6 inscription model very nice but let us test drive base model. Panorama sunroof is the best part of the XC90! The engine sucked big turbo lag. The ride was very noisy and not what I would expect from a Volvo. The LED lights where nice.. But the MDX are better.. And Brighter.. The look of the XC90 does have a tougher look.. Kinda at your face nice, like the jeep. I was very disappointed in the XC90 which makes me happier that I have my MDX.. I would have been wanting to trade my MDX for what I read online, but not now..

#4 ·
Thanks for sharing. Twin-turbocharged 2.0L banger was the main reason for scratching XC90 off the shopping list. That and Chinese ownership. Guess instead of copying one and calling it BJ90 or Linfan X90, Chinese decided it's cheaper to buy struggling euro brands. But this was 3 months ago.

Today, the price of admission, even when not considering the wait lists and delayed arrival in US, for comparably equipped XC90 (compared to Advance) is around $65,000. I saw an advertisement on Volvo dealership's website. $1,000/39mo lease!!! for a Volvo?!?! :1pat:

Volvo XC90 $0 Down Lease | Prestige Volvo of East Hanover, NJ Serving Manhattan

And pioneers are lining up. Will be interesting to hear from the actual owners within a year. I like the styling and interior and wish XC90 success, but so far all hype and the premium price tag are unjustified, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.