Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my Acura dealer today to test drive the new MDX. Planning to replace my 2016 Advance MDX. I really liked the improved ride and handling over my 2016 as well as the significantly improved interior. My dealer only had one in stock and that was the demo that I drove. Sales person whom I have know for many years told me that they have limited availability due to the chip shortage and all open production orders they have are pushed back three to four weeks by Acura. I am interested in a new Advance or Type S. He said they are told the Type S will be available in October-November provided all goes well with current production and chip availability. He said they. were promised a TLX Type S in April but still no idea when it will arrive. Told him I am not in a hurry and to call me when he has an Advance I can see. He also said that they are told that the chip shortage will affect auto manufacturing for the next two years. Unfortunate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I stopped by my Acura dealer today to test drive the new MDX. Planning to replace my 2016 Advance MDX. I really liked the improved ride and handling over my 2016 as well as the significantly improved interior. My dealer only had one in stock and that was the demo that I drove. Sales person whom I have know for many years told me that they have limited availability due to the chip shortage and all open production orders they have are pushed back three to four weeks by Acura. I am interested in a new Advance or Type S. He said they are told the Type S will be available in October-November provided all goes well with current production and chip availability. He said they. were promised a TLX Type S in April but still no idea when it will arrive. Told him I am not in a hurry and to call me when he has an Advance I can see. He also said that they are told that the chip shortage will affect auto manufacturing for the next two years. Unfortunate.
My dealer originally told me end of summer for the type S at the beginning of this year…. And then the chip shortage hit. The salesperson wouldn’t even speculate on whether it would arrive before the end of this year. The dealer has had to return deposits as a result too. Sigh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts