Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temporary tire mounted on wheel just removed from 2016 MDX AWD. T165/80D17 Goodyear. Never used. $150+shipping OBO. Located Portland, Oregon.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I fixed my scale and weighed the tire & wheel at 37lbs. Assuming 40lbs including some cardboard around the wheel, UPS ground is $63.03 and FedEx ground is $51.03. That is to a residential address; IIRC a commercial address is less.

PM me if you're still interested.

·
Registered
154 Posts
OK, I fixed my scale and weighed the tire & wheel at 37lbs. Assuming 40lbs including some cardboard around the wheel, UPS ground is $63.03 and FedEx ground is $51.03. That is to a residential address; IIRC a commercial address is less.

PM me if you're still interested.
Just curious about the freight rates. Fedex quoted me $70 to ship an identical wheel. Did you go through one of the Fedex stores or are you near a Fedex hub?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
carpayment4life: got the money. thanks. shipping tomorrow. will email tracking info.

joebucko: I priced it off the web pages, based on taking it to UPS and FedEx hubs (i.e. not picked up). I'm not sure where the FedEx hub is in Portland (I think near the airport but will check); UPS is at the port near the city center. Either way it is only a few miles.

·
Registered
719 Posts
PDXsailor...

The do-nut arrived Wednesday.
It has a 1315 stamp date on the tire. That's the 13th week, of 2015.

It's nice to have a newer do-nut available, for my 2007.

I don't see any "iTrader" feedback icons, on this site. If it exists, I'll mention your timely effort.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. I never noticed the date stamp.

joebucko: the dimensions of the resulting box turned out to be a little larger than I had estimated (the weight was exactly correct), and that also increased slightly the shipping price from what I pulled up on the web. Combined with my dropping it off instead of a pickup, and no signature handling required (extra cost IIRC) the differences are justifiable. Close enough for my purposes, but a good lesson.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts