Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my CDMA telematics unit with an LTE telematics unit. Does anyone have the instructions on how to do this?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the post up E92!

I've noticed my AcuraLink LED has been intermittently red rather than green over the past few months and even called Acura about it - never knew there was a CDMA unit which will essentially be obsolete causing the issue.

Well, we'll see if Acura does this out of warranty; I have an Acuralink basic subscription still, so I'd do my best to ensure they do.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
CDMA will be around for a while in the US with Verizon and Sprint, but once we all move entire to LTE and VoLTE, we will likely see the removal of CDMA transmission. At that point, I expect that Acura will probably do what other brands have done, including: 1) giving owners an option to update the telematics unit or 2) giving owners a credit for the remaining services that they were providing. But I'm guessing owners who don't subscribe and just have the usual 3 years free for traffic will just get nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At the dealer now and they say my 2015 MDX telematics control unit is shot. I brought it in because last night driving and all my systems warning light came on. Hill start assit, emissions, Forward collision, lane departure, power steering and even a engine tempeture too high warning came on.

Question is it common for the TCU to cause those faults?

I just had the engine short block replaced (under warranty, thank god) and now this $2500+ repair.
Hopefully my extended warranty will cover this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts