Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
TSBs for nav display and cd changer

I have a 2001 MDX with problems with the nav display being intermittent and the cd changer is not working. Do you know of any TSBs for this.

·
Registered
407 Posts
there should be a TSB for the transmission cable-to-pivot mech being corroded & will be hard to shift from park-to-drive... i had that problem recently 2 months ago.

the stealership wanted to replace the whole trans cable assembly to the tune of over $700 for parts & labor

i looked on this site for the quick fix & declined their inspection/recommendations

the only plus that the stealership gave me was to drive the brand new TSX wagon for a day

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 03 mdx. The touch screen at times does not function properly in a/c mode. Can not operate it manually and the temp is not shown. Also the rear fans do not work. What's up wit dat?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rear Fans don't work

Woody,

When I bought my used 2001 MDX last year the rear fans were dead. There is a good thread somewhere on this forum that helped me fix mine. The net of it is there is a control board for the fan that is located in the console area. I think it's a thermal link failure on the board that cripples the fan. A good electronics person can fix the link but I did not attempt that. You have to pull quite a bit of the covers on the console (driver side) to get to the control board. I talked my dealer into buying me the part I needed (about $125 from Honda dealer) and that solved it. Also need to clean a screen-like round filter that clogs with dust - located front of console area. It's visible when dis-assembly of console gets far enough along. Try searching for the thread if you have not fixed your MDX yet.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
16 Participants
DominionMDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing