Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely hate riding around with temporary tags, and worried when I got my new MDX it would take forever to get it tagged, and my fears have come true. It's been a month now and I've repeatedly called the dealership to check to the status and don't get phone messages, texts, or emails returned,and when I do speak to someone I'm told they'll check on it and they'll get back with me, but they don't. Then, just last week I get a phone call from them saying they need additional paperwork to process everything and I needed to call them immediately! Wait... its been a month and you're just getting to this? Now its rush? What is the deal? Is this a new dealership practice? They hold your money for as long as they can to make some sort of interest off it before actually paying your taxes? What they said they needed was basically paperwork on the bank lien, which funny enough, I had given them. Frustrating. This is Chevy Chase Acura.

·
Super Moderator
2,371 Posts
NOPE... my dealer has system linked to DMV which can registered and put on real plate before we leave. (Unless you want the special tag, then that is different story)

·
Registered
63 Posts
A month or more is normal. Here in Kentucky, 2 months is normal. The DMV is slow, especially since COVID—it’s given them more of a reason to be slow that hasn’t changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts