Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: Whatever my problem is.....

Greg P said:
DaleB

Whatever my problem is is definitely related to temperature. As I stated in my earlier post today, it's in the low 60's and I'm not getting any of the ticking or buzzing noises I've been getting when the temps are higher than 75

I surely hope my problems is the funky welds.:8:
Maybe a defective strut that goes bad when the hydraulic fluid heats up?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Our problems

Obviously, lots of us are having the same problem, as witnessed by the length of this thread, how do we, as a group bring it to Acura's attention, and maybe have them issue a TSB? Maybe Tim could help us with that?

It would be nice to walk in to the dealer with a TSB instead of trying to explain it to them.

Maybe we can get Machen or Joe003's Dealers to give us a rough sketch of what was done pertaining to the welds so we can atleast give the service writer something to go on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
tapping

THE FIX IS DONE NOT BY MASSAGING THE WELD POINTS , BUT BY GRINDING THEM DOWN. tHIS IN NO WAY AFFECT THE STRENGTH OF THE COMPONENT. A tech at Acura of Mobile fixed the problem .His name is Dominic Roma. He has alerted Acura of the fix. If you have further inquiries the number is 1-800-866-6141.:cool:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: tapping

JL889 said:
THE FIX IS DONE NOT BY MASSAGING THE WELD POINTS , BUT BY GRINDING THEM DOWN. tHIS IN NO WAY AFFECT THE STRENGTH OF THE COMPONENT. A tech at Acura of Mobile fixed the problem .His name is Dominic Roma. He has alerted Acura of the fix. If you have further inquiries the number is 1-800-866-6141.:cool:
Thanks for posting a contact for our members!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner. I am so happy that my front left ticking noise seems to be gone. My service representative's name was Travis. The technician's name at Sterling McCall is Edward. The number for the service department is (713) 596-2300.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for all the helpful info. I picked up my SS 2002 Touring/Navi on 6/11. Noticed the driver side clicking noise within the first 48 hours with less than 100 miles. It was reported to the dealer when I brought car in for another problem (now, that's a story but unrelated to clicking). Dealer said it was "obvious" and would fix it. Service guy was great. Pulled a new 2003 TL off the lot as a loaner and I have put more mile on that than my X. One more thing, how can I determine when my X was manufactured? I will keep you posted. This site is awesome - wish I had found it before I bought the car, I would have made myself a better deal.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts