Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I open the tailgate it seems there’s quite a bit of space I could push up on even more. On some cars you hold the button down for a few seconds and it sets the height but the MDX doesn’t have that does anyone know how to make the tailgate go all the way up?

·
Registered
962 Posts
If you can actually push up more than an inch or so from where the auto open stops, it may need to be either re-programmed (I'm not sure how) or possibly have a limit switch adjusted (Assuming that it has one).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2017 - the gate only opens about 85% of the way. When I asked the dealership, they explained it is a known issue that some of the motorized lift gate arms do not open the gate all the way. Mine is in the shop today getting the motorized lift gate arm replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
713 Posts
let us know if it is any better. Both my 2014 was, and 2015 is that way with about an inch of freeplay at the top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is much better, the gate now goes up about 95% which is enough that I can walk underneath without hitting my head. Still a little bit of room to go higher but barely an inch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts