Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of sudden all these things stop working on my 2013:

1. passenger side side mirror not working
2. passenger side front window not working from both driver side and passenger side control
3. passenger side door lock/unlock button not working from passenger side control
4. tailgate not working
5. driver memory buttons not working

Changes the driver side door sub-harness but no luck.

Can you think of anything else I should try before taking it in....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

_jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
Service Bulletin 09-047

Either or both of the door mirrors have one or more of
these symptoms:
• After shifting out of R, the power mirror does not
return to its normal position.
• When shifting into R, or adjusting the mirror with its
adjusting switch, the mirror chatters or pulses.
• The DPMS doesn’t recall one or both of the mirror
memory positions.
• The DPMS moves the driver’s seat 1 inch, then
stops.
PROBABLE CAUSE
Faulty door mirror actuator.

Failed Part: P/N 76210-STX-H03

·
Registered
306 Posts
Multiplex control unit in drivers door maybe? I’d say mirror actuator too but the window being inoperable makes that unlikely

·
Registered
2 Posts
@jeffsboard did you ever get this worked out? I'm seeing the *exact* same symptoms as you. Just got through replacing the driver door sub-harness (as you did as well) and no change. Driver side mirror, driver side windows still work fine. Gas filler lid opens fine. Sunroof works.

Only thing I would add to mine is the passenger rear window doesn't work from the driver door controls, but does work directly from the passenger rear window.

Also, all of this seemed to be precipitated by a battery draining event. Any insight into what may have caused your issue?

2. passenger side front window not working from both driver side and passenger side control
3. passenger side door lock/unlock button not working from passenger side control
4. tailgate not working

_jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Disregard. I ended up wiggling the new sub-harness a bunch to try and get a solid connection with the grease and everything started working again. (It may have also been the "reboot" I did by pulling and replacing all fuses, but I think it's more likely the reseating of the driver door sub-harness.)

@jeffsboard did you ever get this worked out? I'm seeing the *exact* same symptoms as you. Just got through replacing the driver door sub-harness (as you did as well) and no change. Driver side mirror, driver side windows still work fine. Gas filler lid opens fine. Sunroof works.

Only thing I would add to mine is the passenger rear window doesn't work from the driver door controls, but does work directly from the passenger rear window.

Also, all of this seemed to be precipitated by a battery draining event. Any insight into what may have caused your issue?

4. tailgate not working

_jeff

·
Registered
473 Posts
So you need to determine why the short in the harness now? Is it that it was not plugged in properly or is a pin not making the proper contact or is there a frayed wire that is causing the battery to drain?

·
Registered
14 Posts

4. tailgate not working

_jeff
Hey Jeff
I had the same symptoms on my 2009 MDX and my mechanic replaced the whole harness that makes the connections from the driver-side door to the car chassis. The harness has a plug on both ends as you may already know. My mechanic said it would be cost effective to just replace the harness than to troubleshoot to determine which wires might have a bad connection. Replacing the harness resolved my problem. Not sure if this helps but I thought it might because I had the exact same symptoms.
Good luck
Dos XX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts