Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tailgate button works and all the functions of the remote start work including remote starter.

I have tried unlocking doors twice and then pressing keyfob tailgate button and it still doesn't work.

Ironically I seem to recall this happened when I had the dealer apply a tsb for the remote starter antenna to improve the range.

I tried the settings at the vehicle GUI menu and nothing helped ... is this a trip to the dealer?

Thx

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
How old is the battery in your FOB? If it's the original try replacing it and trying again - it's time to replace it anyway even if it doesn't cure this problem. It's easy to replace.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stupid question, but have you tried the other fob?
yes, the other keyfob does the same thing and both batteries are brand new and the range is amazing. It's only the tailgate that does not work when I press the keyfob button.

However once I've been to the car and opened the tailgate with the button on the tailgate, I'm able to then title the tailgate open and close with the button on the key fob

Guess I'm going to the dealer

·
Registered
150 Posts
I could be wrong, but isn't the extended range only for the lock and the remote start? Does the tailgate button on the fob function if you're closer to the vehicle?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Tailgate button works from afar. All the buttons on the fob work from afar. The proximity unlock via touch or button on the door only works from being near it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
What I meant was with the two-way extended range of the remote start the the lock button has to be extended as well since you need to press the lock button before pressing the remote start button.

I'd be curious to know if the tailgate button works if the OP gets closer to the vehicle. Not touching it but closer.

Page 369 of the owners manual (2017 at least) shows what I'm referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could be wrong, but isn't the extended range only for the lock and the remote start? Does the tailgate button on the fob function if you're closer to the vehicle?
Even if I'm 2 feet from the vehicle it won't open with keyfob button

All this worked prior to me getting two new keyfobs after I got my remote starter
updated

My tailgate is also not opening all the way, lately only about 75-90% of the total excursion, guess I'll knock both these items out then

·
Registered
150 Posts
Even if I'm 2 feet from the vehicle it won't open with keyfob button

All this WORKED prior to me getting two new keyfobs after I got my remote starter updated

Thanks for the reply Peter......that answers the range question. A trip to the dealer may be your only option.

·
Registered
870 Posts
There is a setting in the vehicle menus that controls rear tailgate remote function. It can either open remotely "anytime", or only when the vehicle is unlocked.
Pages 106 and 110 Owners Manual.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys ...I have the setting to remote open tailgate "anytime" and no luck

Will report back when I get this fixed

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got this fixed:

The dealer installed a new remote starter module and programmed two brand new keyfobs and now all works well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts