Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the Euro-style clear lens for the MDX...
Do the make an after market onen for our SUV

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Someone would buy them.

I can't remember where I've seen them, but I'm sure I've seen clear lens somewhere... I must be getting old.:confused: :8: :31:

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's a fad I think that's gained momentum since the release of "The Fast and the Furious" (stars Vin Diesel...probably the greatest actor to hit the scene since Sylvester Stallone).

The new Nissan Altima has some really hideous clear lenses in the rear...to each his/her own (sigh)...

·
Registered
428 Posts
I remember when I first got my X, Thats what I wanted to do, but if you take a minute to think about it, everybody and their CIVIC is doing it,

·
Registered
144 Posts
Personally, I hate they way they look almost as much as I hate the lighted sprayer nozzles....

I haven't seen them anywhere. In fact, I really have not seen that many aftermarket products for the 'X'... Probably because the target market for the 'X' historically won't customize their vehicle that way.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
This type of accessory is not normally built for cars like Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infinity due to "owner interest". More likely you'll find this on Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
srpbep said:
This type of accessory is not normally built for cars like Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infinity due to "owner interest". More likely you'll find this on Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc.
Actually, Lexus has them straight from the factory on the IS300. On some cars they look good, but most applications are hideous imho. Also, most european manufactures do have clear front and some rear lenses in europe.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Maybe 7plus could work some magic?

I'm not a big fan of the clear lens, but did wonder what the MDX would look like with these lenses on the car.

7plus, could you work your photoshop magic using maybe a set of Altima lights or maybe a flipped version of the RX300 or IS300 on to the MDX?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also just noticed that the new Range Rover has clear lenses too. There is definitely a trend taking place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts