Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a problem on my 2014 MDX. Outer tail light (not the one on the tailgate) is not working. Brake light and directional are working fine. New bulb doesn’t help. Multitester registers 24 volts when you press brake, but 0 volts otherwise.

I’m thinking there’s a fuse blown or maybe a relay problem, but the owners manual doesn’t list a location for a tail light fuse, unless it has some cryptic name. I’ve checked the diagram on the locations in each of the rear, interior, and engine compartment fuse boxes.

Does anyone have any idea where to find the fuse?

Thanks all,
Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the new bulb has two filaments, but I took the voltage measurement without the bulb inserted. I put the multitester probes into the light socket. When the bulb is inserted, the brake light operates normally, but there is no tail light function. I've tried multiple bulbs, so I believe the problem is either in the wiring, or a fuse.

Does anyone know which fuse operates the tail lights?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check passeger side fuse box (under hood).

Fuse #5 - 7.5 amp - worked for me. Others have said Fuse #10 (15 amp) - in same Fuse box.
Jeffbair, was that fuse for just one light or both ? I am having the same problem too, but with only the left one after water entered the tail light assembly. I repplaced the bulbs with 7440 sylvania from Autozone, now the brake works, turn works, but the tail light is not working. Which bulbs did you replace them with ? I am not sure if I should replace the whole assembly or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check passeger side fuse box (under hood).

Fuse #5 - 7.5 amp - worked for me. Others have said Fuse #10 (15 amp) - in same Fuse box.
It's located in the passenger's side fuse box under "SMALL LIGHT" #10 (15AMP) if you were looking for tail light you'd never find it. Fused was burnt out, changed it and BINGO! Tail lights back on!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jeffbair, was that fuse for just one light or both ? I am having the same problem too, but with only the left one after water entered the tail light assembly. I repplaced the bulbs with 7440 sylvania from Autozone, now the brake works, turn works, but the tail light is not working. Which bulbs did you replace them with ? I am not sure if I should replace the whole assembly or not.
Hey I’m having the same problem. Water got into drivers side tail light. I emptied the water, sealed lens with silicone but tail light is not working. Did you find a fix for your issue? Thanks in advance. John

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey I’m having the same problem. Water got into drivers side tail light. I emptied the water, sealed lens with silicone but tail light is not working. Did you find a fix for your issue? Thanks in advance. John
Was your vehicle impacted by the recall over this? Since it's a safety issue i'd like to think a recall would still apply regardless if your vehicle is still under warranty or not. If the recall applied to your MY you should be able to have them fix the issue for free and make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was your vehicle impacted by the recall over this? Since it's a safety issue i'd like to think a recall would still apply regardless if your vehicle is still under warranty or not. If the recall applied to your MY you should be able to have them fix the issue for free and make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.
Bobby 2478 yes my MDX had the INNER tail light replaced under the recall. This is the OUTER tail light that had the same water problem. Just called Acura and they said there is not recall for the outer tail light.

I’ve checked/cleaned the sockets. Checked wires to harness. Replaced the bulbs. Checked the fuses. Brake lights work. Turn signal works. But marker LEDs and Tail lights with headlights on don’t. Any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bobby 2478 yes my MDX had the INNER tail light replaced under the recall. This is the OUTER tail light that had the same water problem. Just called Acura and they said there is not recall for the outer tail light.

I’ve checked/cleaned the sockets. Checked wires to harness. Replaced the bulbs. Checked the fuses. Brake lights work. Turn signal works. But marker LEDs and Tail lights with headlights on don’t. Any advice?
Hi did you ever get this issue resolved. I’m in the same bind. Dealer won’t fix coz it’s not under recall (outer tailight)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Acura MDX 2014 and I’m having trouble reading my Manuel but I’m experiencing the same problem my brake light works and I changed my turning signal because the bulb was burnt but working now after replacing it but the strip of my tail light is still out I even disconnected and reconnected it back to see if it was loose but still nothing the strip is still out can you help me find the fuse number to see if that’s the problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts