Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to say I love this site. Recently upgraded lights with Sylvania Cool Blue Lights (3500 Kelvin v.s. Stock 3200) and noticed a huge difference in brightness. Much brighter and no longer dog pee yellow. Canadian Price $12.00 (~ $7.50 US). Went to the USA for weekend and found Silverstars and replaced low beams (4000 Kelvin) and noticed even more of an improvement in whiteness. $24.00 at Checker Auto parts. ($38 Cdn). Was suprised to see Cool Blue's priced at $16 US (~$25.00 Cdn) which was considerably more expensive than in Canada. I can't believe that something is actually cheaper in Canada!!!!! Overall, very happy with the Silverstars for lows but not enough to replace Cool Blue's in highs and fogs. Friend at work had Cool blues in SUV and lasted 3 years before burning out. Hope I have the same luck. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Camper,
if you have a digital camera, could you take a few pics of the silverstars and cool blues for some comparison. I have the silverstars in my low beams and haven't switched over the fogs or high beams yet. I'd like to see what the cool blue looks like next to the silverstars.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Head on Pic's

could you post some head on pics to see what the other drivers see on the road?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried to take some pitures of the lights head on but they didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. I am going to try again and will post the pictures. (that is if they turn out)

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Take at an angle

Sometimes you have to take at an angle or the pic's come out with to much glare. Look forward to seeing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts