Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I replaced the front and rear sway bar bushings, I noticed that both sway bars can move laterally w/o any resistance. I was not satisfied but there was nothing I can do with. However, recently when I install Whiteline RSB on another car of mine, I noticed that the beefier RSB does come with two lateral locks.

Check these out

This should be a worthy enhancement, right? Any opinions?

Another one

https://vimeo.com/119960684

There are a bunch of them on Amazon, here is one with some decent amount of reviews. Ignore those from Focus RS owners.

https://www.amazon.com/Whiteline-KLL122-Sway-Lateral-Alloy/product-reviews/B0073TCZJK

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I googled around. Here is a ghetto version

I used one wrap of electrical friction tape right next to the D bushings and clamped hose clamp over it....never moves! Those WL rear endlinks are a "PIA" and recommend either the KLC066 (spherical adj) or their new replacement for the ones you have that eliminate the additional bracket.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yours move without any resistance? mine didn´t even after replacing the bushings…
In any case it will be very hard for the sway to move in such a way that disrupts the body roll, Its not really a high priority item unless you are pushing the X to the maximum limit.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yours move without any resistance? mine didn´t even after replacing the bushings…
In any case it will be very hard for the sway to move in such a way that disrupts the body roll, Its not really a high priority item unless you are pushing the X to the maximum limit.
I lubebe the inside of the bushing. Maybe that is why. Whiteline also included a small pack of grease. So I think this is recommended. Ideally, sway bar should only be twisted w/o any lateral move. So with mine moving around so easily, I am kinda concerned. It makes me feel better knowing that the bar won't move laterally. The clamps aren't cheap. So I am thinking it should also work if I wrap a thick piece of hose and tighten it down with a big hose clamp. It should also work. $2 performance upgrade.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Ahh that is why! but Sway Bushings in the MDX are not greased.. Greasing the bushing defeats its purpose which is to hold the sway bar firmly in place and twist with it.

But I digress.. This should not be an issue on the X, I do touge with it and I havent had an issue with consistency. I can point out the biggest issues with it and more often than not is not tied to body roll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts