Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We own a 2001 MDX - my wife still loves it and it only has 135K miles.

The navigation system died and the cost to repair is about $600.

I see that there are 2001 Trip Computers on ebay for about $200.

Will one of these work in place of the navigation system without having to rewire the system?

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Who is quoting you the cost of repair at $600.00 (I assume US)?

My navi unit on my 04 died / was defective, and I had it sent to Alpine USA (who makes these) and the cost of repair was $458.00 CDN. or around $340.00 US. and that came with a 90 day warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you had Bose, then the wiring is slightly different, you can't just 'replace'. You have to replace with an equal part.
I have tried the vice versa of this thread, i found a navi for $100 and tried to swap it out for my existing trip computer. This did not work. Although the harness was the same and fit into the navigation the screen wouldn't even come on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried the vice versa of this thread, i found a navi for $100 and tried to swap it out for my existing trip computer. This did not work. Although the harness was the same and fit into the navigation the screen wouldn't even come on.
I think there are those in this forum who have done this but you would have to find the threads as it was a rather involved wiring process

1 - 5 of 5 Posts