Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am writing to ask , what is the diference betwen 2007 engine and 2010 engine , I have seen that it could not work if i swap them , Does anybody knows why?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
From what I heard the transmission attachment is not bolt on, so you would have to massage that in.

On the other hand if you are swapping a 2007 engine with a 2010 one, it's probably not a good idea, as apparently those appear to be burning oil (which is a standard for a BMW, for example, but not for Honda) for a lot of people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i had a 2008 and moved to a 2010, not by choice. The 2010 supposedly has a strengthened block and it moves the torque peak from 5000rpm down to 4500rpm to squash complaints of lack of low end torque. And yes, be mindful of the oil consumption. Mine is currently being repaired with replacement pistons, rings, gaskets and whatnot under Acuras goodwill program due to excessive oil consumption. Having had both, the newer engine is stronger down low and more responsive from a stop. I was just lucky to have mine fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts