Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2017 MDX did not make the finals in Motor Trend's SUV of the Year reviews. Why not? I don't agree with the issues noted by the publisher. The transmission works great in my car. I like the two screen layout and the buttons on the steering wheel are positioned perfectly to my liking. Also, items I value highly are value, reliability, and performance. If these criteria were used, the MDX would have fared better.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree...my Jan 2014 tech fwd been running fine...no issues so far....
I think to get a TSB update on the car is hard from a dealer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
If the 2017 sh-sh-awd was available that might have made the finals. I get the feeling the Motor Trend guys think the Acura MDX is just another form of the tall station wagon or minivan for soccer moms because they don't show it a lot of love in the last few years.

Other than the Toyota/Lexus vehicles, good luck seeing 1/2 - 2/3 of the Motor Trend contenders on the road +6 years from now like you do with Honda/Acura products.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
How ironic that the testing is held at Honda's PCC eh? Hyukhyuk...

They tend to give the award to the newer SUVs and the 2017 is pretty much just a visual refresh.

·
Registered
186 Posts
with Acura having an not so attractive interior, the scores won't be that high. Wait till the new cockpit to become reality and if Acura does anything to improve the seats and interior, that may draw more eyes to them. Otherwise, Acura doesn't give me surprise and it's easy to forget about it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cant you buy 2 MDX's for the price of the Tesla? Doesnt even seem like a fair comparison lol.

Just quickly looking at the pics of the top 6, 3 of them have the iPad stuck on top of the dash thing, which I hate and wouldnt buy just for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts