Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.... I had made a post when I first got my MDX and I told everyone that I was gonna do some work on it then post the pictures of the finished job. Well here they are!! I wound up doing the following things to the truck:

Also, please excuse the scanned pictures.... as they look much better in person.

1 Detata 17" Chrome Wheels (Groove style)
2 Built in Valentine 1 Radar and Lazer Detector with Lazer Jammer built into the grill.
3 Avatel Alarm System with Remote Start featuring vibration sensor, glass shock sensor.
4 Kenwood 300 Watt AMP for Added power to the factory speakers
5 Alpine 1000 Watt Sub
6 Alpine 300 Watt AMP to power the sub
7 Passenger and Driver windows smoked to match the rear glass :)
8 30 Piece Wood Kit including clock, glove, doors, etc
9 HID for less Stage II Front Driving Lights and PIAA Front Fogs Bright Whites
10 2 Clear Coats for that black wet look!!!!

<center>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</center>

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sweet!

I have to get that custom V-1 install ASAP. Please post some info on how you did this mod. Where is the V-1 unit located. What is that knob in the pic below the V-1 display? Again Sweet ride. I just installed a Nokia hands free kit for the X with an external antenae. Makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<center>
</center>
<br>
<br>
I took it to a custom place in NY and told the guy that I wanted it built in. He told me that he would surprise me on where the placement was and that he had done the same thing for a few customers before me. He was in contact With Mike Valentine (The owner of Valentine) to make sure that he correctly installed it. He took the unit itself apart and implanted it in the dash. The knob you see is the same knob that is on the valentine 1 detecter. He removed it from the main unit and put it under the main display. Please understand that the actual radar detector must be at the correct height for it to work properly. He failed to tell me exactly where he put it! Although I do know this, it must be higher than the hood!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Very nice job. Do you mind saying how much the custom V-1 install was?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ron,
Built in Valentine 1 Radar and Lazer Detector with Lazer Jammer built into the grill=1K

·
Registered
928 Posts
i actually had a question about the 2 clearcoats. could you give a little info about the process & $$s? great-looking ride! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi,
process is simple .Body shop puts on 2 clear coats of clear laquer
over black existing paint.RESULTAWSOME like looking into a mirror
example-think of your best wax job -NOT even close. The truck actually looks wet! PICS do no justice!There is however one drawback-be very careful because it will scratch easily-no crowded shoping malls !!$250.00 a coat.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Intercept

Nice looking X!!!!

1. Can the V-1 be turned off with that switch? I live in VA and they are illegal. But I travel out of the state a lot and can use it them.

2. Did you install the amps or had somebody do it for you and where are the amps installed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Thanks,
Yes, that switch turns the V-1 off and on. The amps are located
one under the front passenger seat and the other one in the back compartment where the head rests go for the third seat.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Intercept

Did you ever find out where your V-1 receiver is located? I'm curious where it's installed and the performance of the V-1.

Mike Valentine mentioned there isn't a remote unit available and performance is better when the unit is mounted high in the vehicle.

Please see this link at the V-1 website.

http://www.valentine1.com/lab/Previously1.asp

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

I will find out and get back to you this weekend.:2:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ok...why can't I see pics. Just red "X's"? Did we decide about IE6, Win 2k operating sys., What's up w/ this problem:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

I am not sure what you are referring to. I think you may have meant to reply to someone else instead of me.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The pics were down for a bit yesterday. I had the same problem looking at the pics, but it's all there right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts