Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 17 MDX awd tech with 2,000 miles.
At low speeds 20-35 the engine surges aprox. 200 rpm with a steady constant pressure on the throttle. It also does this when I have in sport and manually select the gear. It is most noticeable between 1200- 1600 rpm.
I checked with the dealer to see if any transmission updates were due and none found. The dealer has not heard of the problem before. His only answer was that the nine speed has some odd things going on.

Thanks for any ideas, justcrzn

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had a similar experience. I'm guessing it's the wonkiness of the 9-speed. It's annoying, but I may have to get used to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine does that too. I have no idea why the engine has to surge like that. It makes me nervous that it will just surge the engine when i need it to go and i will end up in an accident.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2017 AWD-Tech does the same thing. In my experience, it seems to be related to the steering. I can recreate it most of the time while backing out of my side-entry garage and making a sharp right turn toward the street. After straightening out the steering wheel, the engine surges from idle to over 1,500 rpms with a noticeable surge forward. It also happened to me once after making a right turn onto a slow-moving city street. In that case, the surge was quite strong and I had to re-apply the brakes as the car felt like it was accelerating. There is definitely something going on here. I haven't had the car back to the dealer yet because it has been flawless otherwise. However, I will be interested in seeing how this plays out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my new 2017 Advance. I absolutely love the look and feel of this car but the transmission is driving me crazy. The car only has 250 miles on it and I'm dropping it off tomorrow for service.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was wondering what your dealer said or did. Ours has gotten worse and notice the surging at higher speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts