Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Superior Acura recently to get a new key made. Dave, the parts manager, took my only key back and duplicated it via a T5 key on the key cutting machine. When I went to my MDX to try it, it wouldn't turn in the ignition. It'd unlock the doors and the glove box, but no go on the ignition originally. So I went back in and told him the key wouldn't work. He followed me to my MDX and tried it and found it wouldn't turn in the ignition. So he offered to cut a new key manually via the VIN number and the hand cutter. He did it, but he said it was not a T5 key (He cut his last one on the supposedly messed up one I just got) and he'd have to have service program it. Said he wouldn't charge me for another key or the programming, but it'd take 30 minutes according to TJ, the service manager. Because of it all, TJ asked if I'd like a free hand wash and vacuum. I told him it would be fine. He said it'd be about 50 minutes overall. I waited in the waiting area with free snacks and drinks and WiFi. TJ came to me after it was done and had me try my new key. It worked. For a first visit to them, they seriously impressed me. Dave gave me the "messed up" key since he said it'd unlock the doors and told me that if I took a small file to the key I might get it to work in the ignition. I left very happy. This was last Friday. Monday AM I tried fiddling with the key that was messed up and to my surprise I got it to work in the ignition. I have 2 working keys that will start my MDX now and my dealer is worth the visit for anyone in the area that needs service. Superior Acura of Dayton | Centerville Ohio | New Used Cars Trucks SUV Vans | Dayton OH |:smile2:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts