Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can't wait, A MDX with a Blower hehe. Comptech doesn't void your warranty too. We'll just have to see

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to Comptech they have plans for the MDX, just low demands, i bet if we get the ball rolling a let them know that we want the products they will go ahead and do more.

·
Registered
235 Posts
no substitute for POWER!

i think quite a few members would be interested..

...including me. the increase in hp and torque is usually about 50-60% of stock- so about 390 hp and 375 ft-lbs of torque-this will be awesome!

i hope the supercharger becomes available and is reasonably priced including install.

regards,

chris :9: :11:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: no substitute for POWER!

cmdpm said:
i think quite a few members would be interested..

...including me. the increase in hp and torque is usually about 50-60% of stock- so about 390 hp and 375 ft-lbs of torque-this will be awesome!

i hope the supercharger becomes available and is reasonably priced including install.

regards,

chris :9: :11:

Well, the Comptec Supercharger for the CL/TL only gives you about 50 HP and runs over $5K. Most people pass it up becasue its not worth the money.

·
Registered
257 Posts
ATTN: cmdpm

Along with the cornucopia of accessories you have on your MDX you also have the tornado? I am curious to know if that is the tornado I see advertised on late night TV.......if so, does it work? Can you notice the difference in power?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds like a group buy, if The price is Right. I would love to have the additional torque.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I wrote Comptech a while back about a supercharger for the X. Their response was there is no plans for supercharging the X any time soon. I posted the response a while back.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: ATTN: cmdpm

Jon said:
Along with the cornucopia of accessories you have on your MDX you also have the tornado? I am curious to know if that is the tornado I see advertised on late night TV.......if so, does it work? Can you notice the difference in power?
Blowin' a lot of wind...that's about the only effect you can expect from the Tornado..but your wallet will be lighter too! :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
SuperCharger

It won't happen. Why would a company waste hundreds of thousands of dollars to build a supercharger which will have so little demand? Just a thought, preferably the X uses Premium fuel, and with the super charger what kind of gas would you need?

Just my thought

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TORNADO is not worth the money I should take that out of my block

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it might happen, they shouldnt of built the CL supercharger because very few people are buying them, Comptec caters to ACURA and HONDA, thats their specialty

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: SuperCharger

ace3 said:
It won't happen. Why would a company waste hundreds of thousands of dollars to build a supercharger which will have so little demand? Just a thought, preferably the X uses Premium fuel, and with the super charger what kind of gas would you need?

Just my thought
Well, they make one for the NSX and there are roughly 7,500 units in the US. So if you are concerned about demand, I'm sure that there would be more of a demand for the MDX than NSX. As for the fuel requirement, the same premium that you use now can be used if you go FI.

I'm looking at going FI with my NSX, and if Comptech makes one for the MDX, I'd consider it if the price is right.

·
Registered
139 Posts
While 350+ HP does sound nice. Do any of you guys honestly think the Acura tranny can survive??????????????
My money would be on NO.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, it IS in development by Comptech, and I will be carrying them :D

So far, the first tests on the first superchargers have been done, but aren't providing adequate HP. I've got the inside scoop on this, but this is all I know for now. I have no idea on price.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
JL889 said:
. Comptech doesn't void your warranty too.
You're joking, right?

I mean, sure the warranty isn't "voided", but Acura WILL NOT cover any parts failures in the engine or drivetrain if one of these was installed.

But your were kidding, I just rose to the bait...

Anyway, not worth the $$...then you need new kevlar clutches in the AT, then new brakes with upgrade calipers, etc, etc...

Buy an FX45 or a Cayenne....

Ard

·
Registered
244 Posts
What about some cheaper like...

A K&N air Filter? or changing the air intake box? Anyone has one?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
MDXor said:
What about some cheaper like...

A K&N air Filter? or changing the air intake box? Anyone has one?
Somebody please shoot me...

·
Registered
259 Posts
The '03 is supposed to have a new design for the intake manifold which changed from '02. That could lower the hp improvement for '03 owners. Myself, I have plenty of power. I gave up drag racing when I blew up 396 '67 Camero 25 years ago. I more interested in getting there (anywhere) safe than quick.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts