Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Advance, we just got it.

- Do the keys store different settings like presets for audio, etc? It seems so.

- With above, is one key's main screen color blue and the other green, I swear it's changing colors on me.

- With the text to voice thing, is there a way to reply with custom text?

- Does IDS just change steering sensitivity and not throttle? Does it change suspension? I assume Sport mode on the transmission is throttle related and IDS is not?

- If you disable Auto-start/stop, does it stay disabled permanently through car restarts, etc? Similarly, does that setting stay key fob to key fob?

- Are the ventilated seats cooled or just fan blowers. The air coming out feels fairly cool, I was thinking it was just fans and not blowing cold/AC air, but maybe it does.

- Does the 2016 come with a free trial of XM, if so how long? Also, is real-time traffic through XM or some other service (FM, Acuralink, etc.).

- What is AcuraLink in simplest form, how long does it last, etc.

I'm sure I'll read and research each of these, but given that it's so new and we ran out of time to do the whole dealer handoff thing (that's tomorrow), I'm just curious about these things.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've already fond some of the answers:

- Do the keys store different settings like presets for audio, etc? It seems so.

- With above, is one key's main screen color blue and the other green, I swear it's changing colors on me.

- With the text to voice thing, is there a way to reply with custom text?
A: Doesn't appear so, but with Siri Eyes Free, you can apparently conduct new messages via Siri.

- Does IDS just change steering sensitivity and not throttle? Does it change suspension? I assume Sport mode on the transmission is throttle related and IDS is not?
A: MDX does NOT have any adaptive/adjustable suspension. IDS seems to impact steering, throttle sensitivity and tendency to downshift and noise levels. D/S on the other hand has the transmission hold gears longer.

- If you disable Auto-start/stop, does it stay disabled permanently through car restarts, etc? Similarly, does that setting stay key fob to key fob?

- Are the ventilated seats cooled or just fan blowers. The air coming out feels fairly cool, I was thinking it was just fans and not blowing cold/AC air, but maybe it does.
A: I believe they're just ambient blowers.

- Does the 2016 come with a free trial of XM, if so how long? Also, is real-time traffic through XM or some other service (FM, Acuralink, etc.).

- What is AcuraLink in simplest form, how long does it last, etc.
A: I found out some on this, but I need to try the free edition and give it a go. Apparently there is a 90-day free trial of premium.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Some answers and some supplement to what you provided:

-The customization features per driver are talked about from page 117 and from page 263 of the manual. The section from page 263 suggests that audio has customization options for sound, source, cover art, bluetooth devices, but not presets (e.g. FM radio stations). It does not, however, confirm that all of these settings are changed by driver #.

-The same section suggests that the main screen color is also a driver customization option.

-Page 316 of the Owner's Manual lists fixed reply messages. They cannot be changed. However, your comment about SiriEyes does indeed seem to provide some flexibility to iOS users.

-Page 359 shows the IDS in comfort mode provide steering assist, in normal mode provides a balance of unknown, and in sport mode, provides decreased steering assist, heightened throttle response, increased SH-AWD torque bias, and modified active sound control. I should mention that people think that the S in D/S stands for SPORT, but in reality stands for SEQUENTIAL. This means that it will hold gear until redline unless you shift with your paddles. Also, expect rather abrupt downshifting when braking under this mode.

-Auto start-stop does not appear to stay off when you turn it off. At least this is what I experienced when I test drove an Advance model.

-The ventilated seats are just ambient blowers as you mentioned.

-The XM trial is 3 months, as shown on your vehicle window description sheet. The older generation system used XM, and there is some suggestion that the current one still does, but it may be sourced to Acura, who then provides it to us through Acuralink.

-Acuralink STANDARD comes with your MDX for 3 years. It includes live traffic information (including rerouting) and the ability to stream to the system using the Aha app (which, I must mention is pure crap). You may get a 90 day free trial of the higher tiers as you mentioned. AcuraLink The Next Generation | AcuraLink | Acura Owners Site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts