Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We are in need of a new car but have some flexibility in time frame. Should we get the 2017 Acura MDX AWD with Tech package or the 2017 SH Tech Package or the 2018 MDX AWD with Tech Package. What would you do and why? We would like to get a good deal if possible which I know will not be the case with the 2018s. So far I've gotten an internet quote of 2017 AWD with Tech for 46,606+.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I were you and saving is the ultimate goal, go with the 17s. Do not think many 17s are having transmission issues, I havent run across it and I am at 20k miles now. I think you will get even a better deal when the 18s hit the lot and they have to get rid of the 17s.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If Carplay/Android Auto (and maybe a more responsive touchscreen...though I have zero complaints with mine) is important and you want to pay more, get the 18. Absolutely no difference between the 17 and 18 otherwise.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
2017 Acura MDX AWD with Tech package or the 2017 SH Tech Package
These two are the same thing unless you meant something else. Is your 'SH' the hybrid?

There's no right or wrong answer someone can give you on the choice between the 2017 and 2018 since it'll end up to be a personal decision for you based on your desires and willingness to pay for them.

The 2018 seems to be pretty much the same as the 2017 with the exception of the infotain system having Carplay/Auto in the 2018. I think that'd be a desirable feature but it needs to be quantified against the actual cost for it sue to the overall vehicle costs. I wouldn't pay an extra $500 or $1k for it but some people might and some people might even be willing to pay an extra few K for it but I think that'd be way over the top but that's because I view it as more of a 'nice to have' and certainly not a 'have to have at a high cost'.

If you meant the hybrid in the 2017 - that's a different category somewhat than the other 2017/2018 you're considering. The hybrid has some advantages in mileage, possibly the tranny, and possibly other areas but at the expense of a higher cost and more complexity that 'might' be a problem down the road (but might not).

Just figure out the actual out the door costs for the different models/years you're considering, weigh the differences in cost against the features that come with the different models, and decide what fits best for your desires and budget/value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your feedback. I decided to pull the trigger on the 2017 AWD with Tech. I got it for 45125+, 48,500 OTD. I think this is an OK price? It includes nitrogen tires and wheel lock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts