Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone purchased a sunscreen, and how did you like it?
For my previous two cars I bought a covercraft sunscreen. The one for the CL was wonderful, the G37 one was a bit small but OK.
They sell it for the 2022 mdx so I'll go with that if there are no other suggestions.

Does anyone know of any sites selling OEM accessories for the 2022 mdx?

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got this last week in amazon and very happy so far. (size is medium plus)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. Looking for something exactly like the Acura OEM sunshade I have for my gen 3. The material is awesome and the quality is great. Have been waiting for an OEM to come available, but no luck.
I tried the Covercraft custom fit (which is the same material and accordion style of my gen 3 OEM one, but the fit is so far off I had to send back (see pics).

Help please!
Light Automotive design Automotive mirror Gadget Mode of transport

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Light Automotive mirror

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
'22 MDX Type S Adv
122 Posts
Tint the windshield with Air 80 and never use a frumpy cover again ;)

Should be around $150 to have the windshield tinted, not far off the price of a good cover and a lot more convenient.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,599 Posts
Does anyone know of any sites selling OEM accessories for the 2022 mdx?
Acura sells quite a few accessories for the 2022 MDX. You can buy them from any Acura dealer, including the dealer links posted above by JTM.

Those would be the only sites selling specifically for the 2022 MDX. But there are lots of other sites selling various accessories for all cars, including some items designed for the 2022 MDX. These include not only the usual suspects like Amazon and eBay, but also sites that are designed specifically for auto accessories. For an example of the latter, in the topic on floor mats, I mentioned that I found a great price on luxury aftermarket floor mats made by Lloyd's for specific cars, at Auto Anything. They also sell six different windshield sun shades, three of which are custom fit for the 2022 MDX.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
459 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. Looking for something exactly like the Acura OEM sunshade I have for me gen 3. The material is awesome and the quality is great. Have been waiting for an OEM to come available, but no luck.
I tried the Covercraft custom fit (which is the same material and still of my gen 3 OEM one, but the fit is so far off I had to send back (see pics).

Help please! View attachment 121290
View attachment 121293
View attachment 121291
View attachment 121292
i found this part number 08R13-TYA-100. It’s part of the accessory catalogue for a 2022 MDX. Says it’s specific to the Type S, but should be the same for all 4th gens. I know nothing about the part other than it’s in the catalogue

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
67 Posts
Griots Garage offers ability to order specific to your vehicle.

They farm it out to a manufacturer, forget which one, but it fits the MDX-S like a glove. Takes a few weeks and recommend getting the $10 satchel for the shade but I am pretty impressed with the fit and finish and overall quality of the shade.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the Covercraft custom fit (which is the same material and still of my gen 3 OEM one, but the fit is so far off I had to send back (see pics).
Help please!
I've actually continued to use my g37's covercraft cover and it works "good enough". It's too small by few inches on each side but it's not a dealbreaker, especially since I have a light interior so it doesn't get super hot in the first place.

Shame they screwed up the '22 mdxes, I wonder what happened.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S Advance
6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback. Prior to posting, I ordered a GalaxyAuto Shield and should be arriving next week. Don’t think I’ll like it and will likely go one of the options above (OEM part # or Griots Garage).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts