Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 and am curious as to others experience with sunroof air deflectors. I have a deflector on a Volvo 850, and find that it covers up much of the opening, and is a pain in the butt for snow removal. However, it does make for a much quieter ride on the highway.
Looking for input from deflector users as to whether the noise reduction is really noticable with the stock MDX deflector in place?

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
gundalow,
Do a search on moonroof or sunroof and deflector and you should find more info than you wanted to know:2:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I wanted one because of the noise at high speeds, my dealer said don't bother as it covers up half of the view.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I took mine off my TL and put it on my MDX because it really cuts down on the 'wind on the top of the head' and allows me to use the moonroof more often -- I just hate the way it looks on the TL, but I think it looks great on the MDX with the roof rack.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
gundalow said:
I...Looking for input from deflector users as to whether the noise reduction is really noticable with the stock MDX deflector in place?
The answer in a word is "YES" The noise reduction is noticable. You can search on "deflector" or "moonroof" to find tons of info on the deflector...

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Got one too, it does cut down on the noise. As for cleaning, no big deal.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
laborlitigator said:
Got one too . . .
is yours OEM or Formfit or some other aftermarket brand? Did you get it from Tim?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
OEM here. . . got it from tim

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Thanks laborlitigator !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts