Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to upgrade my rims on my 2012 Acura. Please suggest a source where i can check out some neat options for rims.
I would like to upgrade my 18" rim to 19"

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
www.TireRack.com sells wheels.

You can also find Acura OEM wheels for sale, periodically, on the forums. I think someone is selling a set of 20" Advance wheels off of their 2018 MDX, currently.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I did RonJon Wheels made for Acura and Honda Vehicles for my RDX and MDX: RonJon Sport Design

I did the 20 inch, RonJon Legacy Type II Custom Graphite face with machine lip, Continental DWS 06 P255/45ZR-20 along with wheel locks (ronjon locks + gorilla locks). I also did Racing brake slotted/vented rotors, steel braided brake lines, and Carbotech 1521 pads for the big girl. Converted the old 19" advance rim into a full size spare. Zero issues with the combo after almost 5 years.

I did the 18" Legacy 7 Liquid Graphite for my RDX. You might have to call to see if they can make the rim in the MDX bolt pattern if you like the Legacy 7.

You might also check out an old thread on 2nd Gen aftermarket rims to see what others are doing and what the rims might look like on your X: https://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/30125-pics-2nd-generation-mdx-aftermarket-rims.html

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I second Discount Tire Direct. Call them and speak with Don. He is a technically savvy guy who can do all sorts of magic with pricing and shipping.
Cross shop the rims you like, and you will be set. Carid, AutoAnything, etc carry some decent wheels and do have properly selected (load rated) wheels for the MDX.

As always, pick a reputable aftermarket/OEM manufacturer like TSW, Enkei, Motegi, BBS, etc. Buying cheaply made wheels that may not be cast properly, will rear its ugly head down the road (no pun intended). Just dont be satisfied that just because the wheel fits and bolts up to your MDX, it is made for it. The load rating is very important so buying from informed stores is always helpful. A lot of times, your local tire store will be able to provide you sound advice and also price match anything from online.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
www.TireRack.com sells wheels.

You can also find Acura OEM wheels for sale, periodically, on the forums. I think someone is selling a set of 20" Advance wheels off of their 2018 MDX, currently.
Not OEM Sir, got bored. Need new bad love.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
22 Posts
While you're considering upsizing wheels, you might want to use this site as a resource: https://tiresize.com/calculator/

I use this partly for wheel dimensions, but I also largely use this to see how much my speed will be affected by the upsizing. Depending on the combination of wheel and tire size you upsize to, you can then see how far off your speeds would be from OEM. Personally, I try to keep it as close to the same speed as the OEM.

Also consider that as you go to larger wheels, that's more rolling mass to get up to speed, as well as slow down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts