Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Sudden jump in gas consumption

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  phins2rt 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I noticed a sudden jump in gas consumption in the last 3 fill-ups. Where I could basically reach 60 miles (100km) with only a couple bars on the fuel gauge, it's no burning through the first 1/4 tank by the time I reach that amount of driving.

My truck was serviced a month ago and the tech said they did a software update on my truck. It'd be pretty much since then that I noticed this start to occur. The main reason I was in was to have the torque converter update, and that's when they noticed a more recent software was available.

Anyone have a similar experience, or able to explain how such a drastic change could occur?

Thanks!

#2 ·
What year? Could be the software update. It seems to move the shift points to a higher mph.

Winter-blend gas could be a culprit as well or the combination of the two.

#4 ·
Mine was done about a year ago and I noticed higher shift points (at least for 5th gear) and saw a 2-3 mpg reduction. It seems to have worked itself out and I get about the same mpg now as I did before the update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.