Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Acura MDX with the tech package
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I wanted to buy the subwoofer that is I. The picture attached and replace the stock one with it. I have seen people put it in their 2002 tahoes and it sounds good for what it is. I did the research and it should work but I just wanted to get a second opinion from someone who has upgraded their subwoofer before. Thank you guys for your time and help!

—Jack T

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am curious about the quality, thats pretty cheap if you get it let me know how you like it,

I will replace all four speakers looking into some JBL by Harman, I was doing a mod the past weekend and I saw the speakers can be better, I am happy with the sound quality of the stock speaker but I would be happier with even better sound quality...why not.

I am not a fan of adding amps and subwoofers box on a car, so this is why I want to replace the stock speakers

This is the stock speaker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am curious about the quality, thats pretty cheap if you get it let me know how you like it,

I will replace all four speakers looking into some JBL by Harman, I was doing a mod the past weekend and I saw the speakers can be better, I am happy with the sound quality of the stock speaker but I would be happier with even better sound quality...why not.

I am not a fan of adding amps and subwoofers box on a car, so this is why I want to replace the stock speakers

This is the stock speaker.
Okay cool. Thanks and I will definitely let you know how it goes. I will post on here about it. From the reviews and what I have seen online I believe it should work pretty well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am not sure what are the amp ratings but if you get a more powerful sub which the amp cant power the effect might get worse on higher volume. Make sure the impedance is correct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure what are the amp ratings but if you get a more powerful sub which the amp cant power the effect might get worse on higher volume. Make sure the impedance is correct.
I completely forgot about that thank you so much for the information

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for me it was, i ran a fused 8 ga power wire from the front to back , installed the amp using a loc ( line out converter )
Oh cool I have an amp so I just need a sub so I’m probably still gonna use an 8 inch sub so it’s like oem+ but I’ll try to get it set up and working

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: I’m no longer gonna do this to my MDX because I’m in highschool working a minimum wage job and I’d rather save up to get something more fun and modable. Thank you for all the info tho and feel free to keep on posting on here for others who think of doing this!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Update: I’m no longer gonna do this to my MDX because I’m in highschool working a minimum wage job and I’d rather save up to get something more fun and modable. Thank you for all the info tho and feel free to keep on posting on here for others who think of doing this!
Your are a high school kid and driving around with MDX you are so fortunate and lucky kid. When I was in high school I can’t even afford a a Sony Walkman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your are a high school kid and driving around with MDX you are so fortunate and lucky kid. When I was in high school I can’t even afford a a Sony Walkman!

Oh I know and I love it. It’s a dope daily and it is extremely capable yet still amazingly comfortable. Lucky for you I know what a Walkman is lol 😂.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Oh I know and I love it. It’s a dope daily and it is extremely capable yet still amazingly comfortable. Lucky for you I know what a Walkman is lol .
Your dad passed the X to you and he got 2022 MDX instead? If I were you get the biggest boom box you could find and fill up the trunk. Now you can rock with your high school friends after school!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your dad passed the X to you and he got 2022 MDX instead? If I were you get the biggest boom box you could find and fill up the trunk. Now you can rock with your high school friends after school!

Actually my mom gave it to me and got the 2019 MDX I have had the 2012 for two years now and she won’t let me mod it so I’m tryna do subtle stuff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts