Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always liked Subaru, ever since owning a 2001 Outback H6. Their AWD is excellent. I like this, but not sure if 4 cylinder is the way to go for a vehicle this size.

Based on the price, it's obviously not a direct competitor for Acura, but I hope they do well (their Tribeca was not a huge seller for them).

http://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/201802
23/subarus-first-eight-seat-crossover-starts-from-35-995/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Display&utm_content=Native-NF-20180223_N_19_Subaru_Ascent&utm_campaign=CA-DSP-DM-EN-CONTENT

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I wish Subaru hadn’t gone to CVTs.

I would have looked at an outback with the 6 cylinder if they had a better transmission.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Ditto. I already had problems with my jatco 4eat, so I'm not ready to trust their cvts yet either. On the flip side, the units going into the nissans and infinitis seem to be less problematic now... Or maybe I'm just imagining things.

The one thing people don't realize about Subarus though is that their maintenance cost can be super high. Around the time warranties end, problems surface and the major services can be a bummer to the wallet if you can't do it yourself. I think the recent reliability surveys have been showing this trend despite Subarus increasingly popularity.

But i do like the Ascent lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
894 Posts
I never really thought about Subaru until my son bought a Forester last fall. Great SUV. Nothing to write home about style-wise, but very functional.

So I have followed the Ascent progress. On another forum, it was mentioned that some dealerships have already reserved their initial allotment of 30-40 vehicles and starting lists.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wish Subaru hadn’t gone to CVTs.

I would have looked at an outback with the 6 cylinder if they had a better transmission.
In their defense, Subaru has one of the best CVTs in the business. Of course, that's a lot like saying I've got the best looking Pontiac Aztek. . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts