Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my headlights with reconditioned factory ones from ebay. The old lenses are in rough shape - crazing and yellowing, but the housing components (incl the headlight adjust motor tab) are all in good shape. Is there any value in these things, or should I toss them?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Given the current listings on ebay there are people selling headlights that would definitely need to be restored before they could be used, but obviously there is no proof they are actually selling. If it were me I would recondition those and sell them for close to the $227 that others are listing them for, but since you chose to buy a set that were already done I assume you don't want to or why not just save $400 and do them yourself to begin with? That said, throw them up on ebay for $150 or best offer and see what happens. What do you have to lose?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It really depends on how they "recondition". If it's just the outer plastic, you can do it at $20 cost yourself in about 30 minutes in total with no tools required just using Meguiar's set, for example.

I doubt anyone actually replaces the lenses inside, which is the main cause of the headlight issues, no matter how you clean and polish the outer plastic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts