Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 MDX Elite. 99% of the time when I want to turn the vehicle off I slap it in park press the Start/Stop button and I'm done. Then there's the 1% when I press the Start/Stop button and the vehicle goes into ACC mode. If I take my foot off the brake MID displays "push Start/Stop button 2 times to turn off" but that doesn't work. The only thing that works is to start the vehicle, put it in drive, put it back in park and push the start/stop again. I've searched the manual to see if I'm doing something to trigger ACC mode but couldn't find anything.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Stop being so quick about it. You will find if you take another second in the process, what you described will not occur.

Randy B

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks markpaco! I though I wasn't shutting the car off properly(as silly as that sounds). I was at the dealership today and it happened to the tech that test drove my car but he brushed it off as if he also didn't turn off my car properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Acura 2015 not turning off

Question for PayoloG…did they find the problem with your issue? I have the same problem with my 2015 MDX of it getting stuck in accessory mode and won't shut off, but it only happens randomly since I have had it since Jan. It is at the dealer now and the service tech can't recreate it. I told them it only happens every so often. I even videoed it the last time it happened to show the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question for PayoloG…did they find the problem with your issue? I have the same problem with my 2015 MDX of it getting stuck in accessory mode and won't shut off, but it only happens randomly since I have had it since Jan. It is at the dealer now and the service tech can't recreate it. I told them it only happens every so often. I even videoed it the last time it happened to show the dealer.

No they haven't fixed the problem yet. They did a software upgrade and claimed it was fixed but once I got home and shut off the vehicle I realized it wasn't fixed. It's back at dealer today and I showed them when I slam the shifter into park it doesn't do it and if I place it in park gently it'll do it sometimes. I showed them the TSB from markpaco about adjusting the shifter cable. Hopefully this time it will be fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
response

Thank you for your response. I am picking up mine today and thats exactly what they said they did…the software update. So I take it won't be fixed either. Frustrating. Please let me know if yours is fixed after the latest fix today so I can take these notes to them. Mine seems to happen very sporadic so it's will take a while to know if it is fixed. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my car back for 2 days and same issue happened today. Have you had any luck with yours since you've gotten it back?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had my car back for 2 days and same issue happened today. Have you had any luck with yours since you've gotten it back?

Got my truck back today and it happened again tonight. I'm not sure what they did to try and fix it cause the service person I dealt with has been gone for a few days. Once he's back I'll try to figure out what they did. Hopefully this time they'll actually try adjusting the shifter cable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts