Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, New member and MDX owner here. I bought an 10 MDX recently. Great shape, but I have noticed some noise coming from the front struts when I go over speedbumps or travel slow in my neighborhood. The dealership stated I needed new struts, bushings, and swaybars in the front, for a lovely price of $1250 + tax.

Any issues with after market parts / mechanic for this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hello Everyone, New member and MDX owner here. I bought an 10 MDX recently. Great shape, but I have noticed some noise coming from the front struts when I go over speedbumps or travel slow in my neighborhood. The dealership stated I needed new struts, bushings, and swaybars in the front, for a lovely price of $1250 + tax.

Any issues with after market parts / mechanic for this?
The 2nd gen MDX with elite or advance have a customer satisfaction campaign 7 years or 160k. Check if yours applies to get it done for free. (Leaking Struts or shocks )

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
798 Posts
Find a good Indy. Most likely you don't "need" all those parts that dealer is suggesting. KYB which is the OWM supplier to OEM's including Acura, can be had around $300 for full set of struts/shocks. Shop
Time for labor should be 3-4 hours max so figure 3-$400 for labor. YMMV depending on your location.

Make sure you get an accurate diagnosis first instead of throwing parts at it, which can get expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Find a good Indy. Most likely you don't "need" all those parts that dealer is suggesting. KYB which is the OWM supplier to OEM's including Acura, can be had around $300 for full set of struts/shocks. Shop
Time for labor should be 3-4 hours max so figure 3-$400 for labor. YMMV depending on your location.

Make sure you get an accurate diagnosis first instead of throwing parts at it, which can get expensive.
THanks for the advice; will get a second opinion on the cause of the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts