Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Streeteffectz has a decoder for Navi to Video conversion

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MDXtrous 
#1 ·
For those of you in the NY/NJ area, or even if you're not in the area, Ron from streeteffectz got hold of an impossible to find AVC-RGB1 decoder needed for a Navi to Video conversion. The criteria of course is that he'd do the install for you.

You can e-mail him at info@streeteffectz.com or you can check out their website www.streeteffectz.com , or one of his installs www.streeteffectz.com/bmw .

I've no special affiliation with, except I was happy with the install he did for me and hope others can benefit from his work.

Just let him know Dan from acuramdx.org referred you;) (No kickbacks, just glad to help him and you guys:p )

#2 ·
I'm so impressed with your install.....

..........that if I do end up buying the 2003 MDX, I'll probably drive to NY/NJ area (combine it with a 7-day trip/vacation - I do love to drive ;) ) and have them do a similar job putting in a DVD player/TV and while I'm at it might even have them change the speakers and put in an amp for cleaner sound (I'm not too impressed with the way the existing Bose system sounds - I don't know if it's my imagination, but the sound from the Bose system in my 2000 3.2TL seemed cleaner (crisper highs and more accurate/tighter - less boomy - bass) :confused:

When it comes to aftermarket installs I get EXTREMELY PARANOID if they've got to take anything apart and would be very very ticked off if they messed up something in the dash etc......that's why when I see something done neatly I don't mind going to extreme lengths to make sure my vehicle does not get screwed up in the process.

I might also be inclined to do the body color spoiler and mud guards.....looks really neat and elegant (where did you get that done?)
Thanks, Vic

#3 ·
vicpai,

Ron is really good. I think you won't regret it if he does the work for you. One downside of this install, is I'll expect to have DVD/PS2/backup camera in all my future cars. Kind of like the navigation. Can't ever go back.

Well, the rear deflector is from Tim at hondacuraworld.com where everybody gets all the accessories on this forum. It was something like $297 (free shipping) plus $125 for the paint job. VERY well done. For the mudflaps, I just got the factory ones, and then had a local body shop paint it for $10 each. It's held up pretty well thus far.

Glad to see you slowly making your move over to this side;)

MDXtrous

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.