Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully streamed movies to the rear entertainment center on an MDX Advanced/Entertainment? Because all our movies are either Blueray or on the cloud/ipad we can't use that DVD player. Why oh why would they put in a non-blueray player into a car these days is beyond me.

Has anyone used Chromecast to stream things to the rear screens? I would like to download a few movies on my ipad and stream them via the Vudu app through Chromecast but I am not sure it would work with this Acura.

Anyone successfully install a Blueray player? Anyone plug in a blue ray player manually and work fine? If so which model have you used?

Thanks,

Guy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yup, yet another area where they dropped the ball. We couldn't believe it when we inserted a blue ray disc and it did nothing. Thought it was a dirty disc and soon realized it was not blue ray....Really? I bought the kids a small portable blue ray player and it sits in the back hooked up via HDMI. We usually buy the movies with a digital key so they can watch it on ipads, but not sure you can stream that through the infotainment POS system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We use a HDMI-to-lightning adapter to send movies from an iPad to the rear entertainment and it works great. There's no reason you couldn't hook up any Bluray player into the HDMI input. The only thing I'd worry about is going over a bump.

BTW - the reason you don't see Bluray built into a lot of things is because of complicated and expensive licensing that Sony makes companies go through.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If my X was equipped with HDMI...I would drop an Apple TV in it.
Even Android devices can Airplay now too. Doubletwist Airplays music, syncs iTunes to Android too.

Chromecast too.
Allcast or Local cast android apps does Airplay or Cast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was able to get this to work with an iPad and lightning adapter. Does anyone know how to get this to work with an Android tablet? I have the proper C to HDMI connecting cable. But nothing is happening when I plug the tablet in.

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
76 Posts
It may be the adapter. We had the same issue going from a laptop to a projector in our office. Tried a different adapter and it worked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts