Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two small wet spots on the driveway. They are both on the passenger side and behind the front wheels but in front of the rear wheels about 2-3 feet apart and maybe 2 feet inboard of the outer edge of the car. The fluid is clear and leaves a faint stain, but when I touch it and smell it, it doesn't have the brake fluid smell or feel. I know that brake fluid is hygroscopic and it could be that if it's brake fluid, it seeped into the concrete and it attracting a layer of water on top.

Also, I crawled underneath from the side partway and there are no obvious wet spots - it actually looks pretty immaculate under there!

It's just in a very strange place for brake fluid, not being near any wheels.

I did have NTB do a full wheel balance (got rid of highway vibrations) and alignment. They also had to replace a wheel lug. Not sure if they did something.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the update. I had the dealer check it out and they said it was just AC system condensate dripping. I'm going to keep an eye on brake fluid levels just in case. Otherwise, I'll try to get a picture posted later.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Just turn the AC off (there is no need to stress the AC compressor in the winter time anyway unless you live somewhere where there is summer all year around) and see if the condensation still occurs.

P.S. Yes, this is the spot where AC condensate comes out of the evaporator core through a tube.

·
Registered
962 Posts
You can disable the A/C compressor by pulling the compressor clutch relay or fuse. About 99% sure that the A/C comes on when in front window defrost mode, and on most models the A/C "ON" indicator light does NOT light.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You can disable the A/C compressor by pulling the compressor clutch relay or fuse.
To be 100% sure - yes. Otherwise just turn the A/C off using the button.

About 99% sure that the A/C comes on when in front window defrost mode, and on most models the A/C "ON" indicator light does NOT light.
I think so, too.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You will need the AC in the winter to clear the fog on your windshield.
TBH I don't even use it for that - I just don't like to turn on the A/C that's been turned off for a long time. This brings up unpleasant smell for a second while everything that's been sitting in the evaporator core is being blown out through the vents. I prefer to turn on the A/C only in spring, once I clean the evaporator core in preparation to the hot season.

Just switching the airflow to Windows/Legs position removes any windshield fogging quickly, not that there is much of that, anyway. At least not for me, although it's relatively humid and cold here, in Toronto.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Good idea to leave in full auto for the ac system to keep the oil circulating in the ac system. Year round. I rarely change mine from 68...

As to the OP, for sure condensation from the front and center ac....it means it’s working..drawing humidity out of your vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts