Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are not going to believe this. I just got my new MDX in havasu blue with navi + touring two weeks ago. I kept hearing a strange noise, so I took it in to the dealer. Well, this was a week ago, and they told me it was a problem in a weld in the assembly line, and the had to take the whole dash out of the car to reweld it. Now I am very scared that it is not going to run very well after having all this done to it. I certainly hope they can get everything back in again! Does anyone have some suggestions for me as to how to handle this with the dealer?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Goldwood--
What kind of noise? A clicking? A thud? Where was it coming from? There have been a number of us chasing various noises coming from our X's, and we'd appreciate hearing the details.

And as for getting something out of the dealer, I'd first see if they fixed the problem. Hopefully, they have. Then I'd push for some free service. You might only get the 7500 mile service thrown in, but that's worth a couple hundred bucks.

Keep us posted.

Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was this weird thunking noise, kinda like metal rubbing on metal. I am just scared that they won't be able to put that dash and all the stuff under it back together again!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ask your dealer if this is a recurring problem in MDXs or if it is just your car! If it's a known problem, ask them if they have a technical service bulletin on it and ask them to give you a copy. Then, before you take delivery of the fixed vehicle, ask to take the service person on a ride to see if the problem seems to have been fixed. Finally, if it seems to be fixed, make sure that they write it up on an invoice (although it should not cost you anything) and have them specify exactly what they did. I'd be concerned about this problem coming up again in the near future. Keep an ear on it, and take it back as soon as you think you hear it again. Don't be concerned about being overly picky, it's your car and you have the right to get one that's not defective. In fact, you might ask a local attorney who specializes in lemon law and similar problems to see what you need to do to protect yourself.

Hopefully this is all just alarmist reaction to a simple problem, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Also, remember that removing the dash could result in new noises. Don't be shy - keep taking it back until it's right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts