Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of posts, but I may have missed one - so if this has been covered somewhere, please let me know.

The symptoms:

First - passenger side rear door stopped locking/unlocking from both the keyfob and the drivers door button. Checked fuses and they are fine. Changed out the lock actuator assembly with a used one from eBay, still didn't work. Changed it out with a new one from the dealer, still didn't work.

Second - passenger side rear window stopped rolling up and down about 2 weeks after the door lock issue. Press the window button at the door, no sound. Press the window button on the drivers door, I get a click, but no motion of the window. Pulled the window motor, connected it to a 12v battery, and it moves both ways. Purchased a new rear door window button and replaced it. Still didn't work.

Third - drivers side rear window stopped rolling up and down about a month later. No motion or noise from either the window button, or the drivers window button. Tried the new button I got for the other side, didn't work. Pulled motor and it cycles fine when connected to a 12v battery. Fuses fine as well.

Read a lot about issues with the drivers door sub-wire harness. Replaced the harness and no change on any symptoms.

Interesting sub note. On the passenger side rear door lock actuator, when I remove it and replace it, it will always lock and unlock once or twice, then stop again.

Additional interesting note. Daughter was mindlessly flicking the rear passenger window button on the door, and it rolled down and then back up - then quit working again.

So - any ideas at all? Can anyone see a common thread in the issues? Do I have a few small issues?

TIA

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would start by tracing the wires as best you can through each connector. Intermittent functionality could mean there is a break or short in a wire somewhere along the long path of wire harnesses. Regarding the passenger window and how there is no action or noise when you press the window button to roll it down - I would think that the switch is bad. As ridiculous as that sounds, I would never think a switch would go bad until I had a simple power switch on a computer I was working on go bad. I was literally two wires/pins, and a button that shorted the two together. If you've been able to pull the motors/actuators and they work fine when applying 12v directly to them - then there is for sure an issue with a wire, or connector along the way somewhere.

Do you have a multi-meter with a continuity setting you can try testing the wires with? Something that might help with your daughter mindlessly flicking the window switches, is to have her sit in the hot garage with you and help disassemble the door to check the problem she might be contributing to :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I friend of mine bought a 2009 this past weekend. The car had the windows problem and none of the windows where operating. He followed my advice to check the harness. He fixed it after finding one wire of the harness not making good connection into the socket.

Now, he is a happy camper because he got $500 off of the price because the windows were not working and the fix was just one hour of work with no parts involved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having similar issues like yours. Bought the sub-door harness wire, replaced it, and the problem persists... I was quoted from a Honda dealership 650$ for the work. Did you order your sub-door harness through eBay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts