·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am getting my MDX base plus NAV
next week. The first thing I want to do
is add a CD changer.

I had a few questions on the factory stereo.

1. Does it have any kind of Audio out
either in stereo or mono.
2. Does it take any kind of Audio inputs.
3. Any info on the model number of the
factory stereo.
4. Some people mentioned that they have used Kenwood CD changer with KenHON adapter. Will this adapter also work for a kenwood changer which supports MP3 i.e KDC-CX89.

What I had in mind was to put in a AMP
in the third row headrest storage compartment and have the AMP drive
all the speakers and Sub.

Also if the Stereo takes any kind of audio input then I can input in future the DVD audio.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dinesh

·
Registered
282 Posts
One of my best friends is DInesh

Since you share the same name as one of my best friends, I need to help you out.

The best cost effective way to go is to get an adapter made, I think by peripheral which goes from the MDX to a Clarion CD changer and ALSO provides you an RCA input to the rear of the MDX. I have the same MDX configuration as you.

I wish I had done that. I added the Acura CD changer and ended up spending $150 to custom cut the CD changer cable and add RCA inputs. I then of course have the DVD/flip down monitor deal. The sound is phenomenal now. If you go with the Clarion with the adapter, the install will be cheaper for you and depending on your knowledge, you could do it yourself very easily.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I have bene doing stereo installs for 10 years now and can at least give you advice if nothing else.

Enjoy your X,

Mush

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Thanks for the info.

If I am getting correctly from your post. Your advise is to use the Clarion adapter made by Peripheral and connect the Clarion changer and DVD player output to RCA input of the Clarion adapter to get the sound from the factory speakers.

I went to the Clarion site and the only Clarion CD changers they have is the 6 disc changer which doesnot play MP3.

The only reason I was planning to put in Kenwood was

1. it has 10 disc capacity
2. It can play MP3
3. PeriPheral makes a adapter called HONKEN to connect it to Stock Acura Head unit.

I will call peripheral tommorrow and ask them if they make the Clarion like adapter for Kenwood also or not.

If they donot then the only option would be to go with Kenwood and then use Wireless headphones to listen and watch the DVD.

Thanks,

Dinesh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts