Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my dealer is jerking me around. :confused: Ordered in August for a 2002, said it would be in by early November. Called early November and asked for status, but dealer said he had no idea, maybe December. Well December is approaching really quick, and I'm getting the sinking feeling that if I call, he'll tell me the same thing and move the date to January. That is something I don't want to hear, and if I do, I may just lose it and cancel all together and put my money on an X5. Is this vehicle worth the wait? I really love the look and ride of the MDX, but I'm tired of waiting and having no definitive confirmation as to when I'm getting my vehicle.

Anyone else tired of waiting?:( :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Waiting Too

Based on my knowledge/experience I would say that you should have had your MDX by now. Placed my order in late October with a late Jan or early February delivery.

What dealer are you working with....hope it is not mine:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
finally got confirmation

Well, after I did my post, I got confirmation that I will be getting my baby within the next two weeks. Definitely before Christmas. So I hope any ways, because I won't believe it until she's parked in my driveway. No, I'm not dealing with your dealer, my dealer is in Toronto.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Verbal confirmation?

Hello all,
I am also waiting for my 02 SS, all the dealer can tell me is "sometime in December, could be late November, but definitely sometime in December." Did your dealer give you a "build date" or a VIN for your new MDX, or just a verbal confirmation? Sometimes I have doubt on those dealers .... got your deposit and make you wait. :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I didn't get a vin # for my MDX, or a delivery date, I was given a verbal confirmation. For now, I'm taking him for his word and give him the chance to prove me wrong (in terms of my suspicions). I'm officially setting Dec. 15th as the day I will post a picture of my X, providing that I get it within the next 2 week. So, wish me luck.

Does anyone know when the navigational option will be available in Canada?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Getting closer !

I got a v-mail from the dealer that my "X" will be built tomorrow. While I still don't know if I can get it before Xmas, but things are looking bit more on the +ve side. Does anyone know how long it takes to "build" an MDX? I'll do some digging on this site to see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Any day now !!!

I did check in different threads here, and the general feedback is you add 10 -15 business days (assemble, QA, delivery) after your build date, or I should say build week. I was told my X will be built on Dec 4, so add 15 business days I will be right on Christmas day !!!! Not another Christmas baby !?!? :rolleyes:
Went to the dealer last night to discuss/finalize trade-in (not a pleasant experience :mad: ), the salesman told me that the car is "on the way", and will be here "any day now." Well, my professional pessimisium says I have to see it to believe it, but it is getting more and more promising that I will get the X before Christmas. Will keep you Canucks posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts