Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been almost a year since I jumped on a plane to Huntsville, Alabama to retrieve my new MDX and drive it back to New Hampshire. I'm still getting looks and people constantly stop me (or my wife when I let her drive it) to aks me about the MDX. Most people say "WOW! What is that!" I still love it just like the day I got it. My wife is driving me nuts because <GULP> Now she wants one! (I'm hoping she'll settle for the Odyssey!)

I still haven't seen anyone else in New England with an MDX.org stickker. Does anyone else ever meet or see anyone on the road with the sticker?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Hi Danny, good to see you drop in every once in a while.

I'd have thought that the "newness" of the MDX would have faded now, especially for my wife, who loves the vehicle (when we got it, she liked the 2nd choice, but loved the MDX). Especially since we now see significantly more MDX's around here now (on a weekend day we might see a handful).

But given that demand for it is still extremely hot here in the Pacific Northwest (above MSRP, long waits), we're still getting attention with it. Just the other day another parent at our son's daycare raved about it and said how we had the vehicle they wanted, but they couldn't bring themselves to pay over MSRP and bought something else instead (forgot if it was an Explorer or a Highlander).

Middle of last week someone else commented on it very favorably because they saw the Dateline feature with the repeat of the MDX crash test and its outstanding performance.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice choice

You made the right choice at the beginning of the MDX era with less market info and comparison back then. Good for you! :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
dancall said:
It's been almost a year since I jumped on a plane to Huntsville, Alabama to retrieve my new MDX and drive it back to New Hampshire. I'm still getting looks and people constantly stop me (or my wife when I let her drive it) to aks me about the MDX. Most people say "WOW! What is that!" I still love it just like the day I got it. My wife is driving me nuts because <GULP> Now she wants one! (I'm hoping she'll settle for the Odyssey!)

I still haven't seen anyone else in New England with an MDX.org stickker. Does anyone else ever meet or see anyone on the road with the sticker?
Gee Danny,
I would imagine any mode of transportation without 4 hoofs would create a quite a stir up in Derry!:D :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yep, I too am still getting looks, questions, etc.

People at work are also asking about it and the neighbors always come by to get 'one more look'.

There are quite a few more on the roads around here, but its still more rare than the RX or ML.

Happy MDXing:D

J

·
0 Posts
No interest here in Virginia

I live in New Market which is a very small town in Virginia. The nearest "big" town is Harrisonburg where James Madison University is located. I go to Harrisonburg quite often to shop at the mall there. I can honestly say that NOBODY has ever asked me about my MDX or ever looked at it twice. I've never seen another MDX in the Shenandoah Valley. I've only seen 3 in all Virginia in the Arlington area where my son lives, but at gas stations or on the street or parked anywhere in Arlington or parked on the Skyline Drive NOT ONE PERSON has ever asked me about my MDX or seem to even notice it in the six months that I have owned it. This was surprising to me after reading some of the posts on this forum about the great interest in the MDX. Either people here in Virginia don't know anything about the vehicle or they are just not interested.

·
Registered
250 Posts
No Interest in VA...

Speaking of "No interest in Virginia"...

When I went to the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles,
their computer did not have MDX as an Acura option
and the customer rep said she had never heard of
an MDX. So, my registration card just states I drive a
Green Acura Sport Utility Vehicle, when I am really driving
a GRAY Acura MDX... :D :D As I was leaving, I told the rep to look
out the window in a few minutes and she would get to see her first MDX.......

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being a former southerner myself.. I understand. If it ain't a Chevy with a Gun rack, it ain't sh*t!

:) :) :)

Hey Remery, is your MDX still "bald"? Mine has those gorgeous roofracks. I think it's the best looking vehicle on the road, but the bald look looks too much like a "rental"! (No offense Remery, not everyone can be non follicly challenged!) Did I spell that right???

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Still getting lots of compliments in Orlando. Last week a guy in an Axiom drove by me in a parking lot just as I was getting out. He came to a stop, put it in reverse and backed up so he could ask me about my 'X, engine size, hp, etc. Couple nights ago I parked next to a mint black C4 Vette at the grocery store, and when I came back out the driver was checking out my 'X. Can't say I blame him, I mean just look at this beautiful beast :p

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn Gator...that's almost as perty as mine! Mine's only pertier because 2 feet of snow looks better on an MDX than a foot of Mud anyday! :)

Great Pic!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
dancall said:
[B...Hey Remery, is your MDX still "bald"? Mine has those gorgeous roofracks. I think it's the best looking vehicle on the road, but the bald look looks too much like a "rental"! (No offense Remery, not everyone can be non follicly challenged!) Did I spell that right???
;) ;) ;) [/B]
Hey Danny,
Mine has a roof rack too but it's "bald" between the rails so did you get the "chiapet" option on top with yours!!;) ;)

BTW should should come visit sometime, they just started NASCAR racing this summer about 20 miles from my house and so next year I expect the place to be overrun with Southerners once they find out!:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
remery said:

Hey Danny,
Mine has a roof rack too but it's "bald" between the rails so did you get the "chiapet" option on top with yours!!;) ;)

BTW should should come visit sometime, they just started NASCAR racing this summer about 20 miles from my house and so next year I expect the place to be overrun with Southerners once they find out!:rolleyes: :D

HAHAHA! Hey they got Nascar up in New Hampshire too.... I fit right in!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
She's still a looker

Nine months now and still looks new! Of course there is no snow (or salt) in Houston:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
dancall said:
Damn Gator...that's almost as perty as mine! Mine's only pertier because 2 feet of snow looks better on an MDX than a foot of Mud anyday! :)

Great Pic!
Thanx Danny, let's see some snow pics! Since you and Remery both sound like displaced NASCAR fans :p , why not come on down to St. Augustine on the 16th for the CR-V/MDX party, then you could go to the Daytona 500 on the 17th just down the road :) As further inducement, we MAY, just MAY, be having a special guest appearance :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts