Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? Even when I fade the stereo to just the front speakers, I get a good deal of sound coming out of the rear speakers. The dealer says that the condition is normal and another MDX on their lot did the same thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fader

try to push the BASS/FADER control knob to get it to pop out... then full it out slightly further until you hear a click then you can adjust the fader

·
Registered
738 Posts
MD MDX said:
Anyone else have this problem? Even when I fade the stereo to just the front speakers, I get a good deal of sound coming out of the rear speakers. The dealer says that the condition is normal and another MDX on their lot did the same thing.
Your Bose system has a 2" twiddler, Bose' proprietary term for a useless mono rear center channel, which isn't signal processed, time-delayed and does not serve any useful function. It's just there so kids in the very back row can hear some music to go with the thumping of the subwoofer which is 12 inches from their ears. The twiddler is in the back of the headliner. I disconnected mine as soon as I brought it home, naturally. Young kids don't like adult music anyway. :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Stereo Fader

DaleB said:

I believe they have the base not Bose system, so would not have the twiddler.
There is another advantage over the Bose, small though it may be.
The original poster indicates the '01 Touring -EG in the signature line.

Touring equals Bose, no?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stereo Fader

DaleB said:

I was replying to DrX....one is a Dr and the other is an MD...?
Whoops. Conversation confusion. You used the word "they" and I thought you meant both posters. Sorry, DaleB. BTW, visit any places on your way home after picking up the MDX in our area?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Enjoyed a nice mexican dinner in Palm Springs on Indian Caynon Rd.
Breakfast in our hotel Sunday morning.
Then we headed straight to Malibu for lunch, I wanted the seafood place on the beach, but way too crowded on a Sunday. Can't recall the name of it now.
So we ate at another place near the beach also crowded on a typical sunny Cal day.
Then up the coast to San Luis Obispo. Monday back to the coast and Big Sur. Sorry did not capture more pics. Then on to Monterey and home.

·
Registered
738 Posts
DaleB said:
Enjoyed a nice mexican dinner in Palm Springs on Indian Caynon Rd.
Breakfast in our hotel Sunday morning.
Then we headed straight to Malibu for lunch, I wanted the seafood place on the beach, but way too crowded on a Sunday. Can't recall the name of it now.
So we ate at another place near the beach also crowded on a typical sunny Cal day.
Then up the coast to San Luis Obispo. Monday back to the coast and Big Sur. Sorry did not capture more pics. Then on to Monterey and home.
Wow, up the coastline with a new MDX. Sounds better than my first MDX Christmas trip to Carlsbad, NM, desert driving not very exciting. Maybe it was Gladstones for Fish you tried in Malibu.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
TheyCallMeBruce said:

Wow, up the coastline with a new MDX. Sounds better than my first MDX Christmas trip to Carlsbad, NM, desert driving not very exciting. Maybe it was Gladstones for Fish you tried in Malibu.
It was Gladstone's! I have cousins in socal that took me there several years ago, I will be back!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts