Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my 03 X steering wheel quite light at higher speed (on the freeway) and seems need more effort to hold (control) it. I am not sure it's an alignment or steering wheel problem or just something that I am too sensitive. I don't feel that way on my the other car. I hope someone can give me input. Is it normal? or something I need to bring it to the dealer.

·
3,109 Posts
no variable speed steering ?

Same here. I don't think it has variable speed steering. I'm used to it now, but initially my arms would get tired fairly quickly. Other car has variable speed steering. You'll get accustomed to the difference, and loosen up a bit.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I did a search, but ended up here.

Here's my question.

I notice a creek/squeak sound coming from the steering wheel whenever I turn right, it's very faint, but can still be heard with music on.

Maybe it's not the steering wheel but the dash, don't know, anyone else notice similar on there ride.

·
3,109 Posts
Were `02s drive-by-wire too? `03s don't have a streering column, so any squeak/creek wouldn't be mechanical link related (I think).

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Zafer, only the throttle on the 03 is drive-by-wire. The steering and everything else is still a mech assembly.

Squeaks/clicks from the column when turning are not normal. In the past the problem usually has been the CABLE REEL (attaches to airbag). Dealer has to replace it. Not an emergency, I believe, just a nuisance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts