Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I own a 2014 MDX Tech and I've had it for about 4 weeks now. I've noticed that I only have about 3/4" of in/out travel on the steering wheel adjustment whereas up/down is substantially more. Is 3/4" to 1" of in/out travel sound normal to you? I'm aware there is a TSB for the steering wheel motor and I guess I could be effected but not sure as I do not know what the 'norm' is for the MDX. Is mine normal or do you think I have an issue? If 3/4" to 1" of travel is normal, I'd be disappointed as you might as well not even have any.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I should be able to try it Wednesday, if somebody else doesn't get to it first.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello,
I own a 2014 MDX Tech and I've had it for about 4 weeks now. I've noticed that I only have about 3/4" of in/out travel on the steering wheel adjustment whereas up/down is substantially more. Is 3/4" to 1" of in/out travel sound normal to you? I'm aware there is a TSB for the steering wheel motor and I guess I could be effected but not sure as I do not know what the 'norm' is for the MDX. Is mine normal or do you think I have an issue? If 3/4" to 1" of travel is normal, I'd be disappointed as you might as well not even have any.
I just remembered to checked this, I would say it's more than an inch, hard to measure but I would say it's closer to 2 inches. Can you post a video of yours?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could say for sure that's not normal. When you hit the toggle, it only goes for about 1 second, if even a second. When I hit the toggle from an end position to the other end, it's about 3-4 seconds.
Thank you for confirming my suspicions blingman. I just scheduled an appointment with my Acura dealer to have this evaluated. I'm still under factory bumper-to-bumper warranty so trying to get all issues addressed before it ends.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts