Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

The steering wheel emblem in my 2006 mdx is peeling and looks awful with white plastic showing along with some chrome left, while the rest of the interior looks excellent. Is there an easy way to fix it? Im not ready to be replacing the steering wheel or taking out the air bag or any of that. More like paint it or color in the chrome etc. - easy fix type stuff? Anyone done this successfully? Thanks In Advance

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The emblem is part of the airbag cover, so you'd have to replace the airbag to get a new emblem.

I normally HATE plastidip, but this is one scenario where I think it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My understanding is that the emblem is either sonic-welded or at a minimum has those plastic rivits crushed/melted behind the cover. Removing the existing one requires messing with the airbag. I wouldn't.

But do you, boo boo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ideally that would be a perfect replacement, although anywhere i have read about it talks about having to replace the airbag if you want to remove the original. And the lowest cost to do that that ive found was $500. I guess I dont care THAT much about it, to go that route. Great to know they have these on ebay though, thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts