Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading something about the steering wheel alignment not being centered. I actually noticed on my 2016 Advance. If the steering wheel is pointed straight in relation to the vehicle (not the instrument cluster), the car will steer to the left. Does anyone have this problem and was it fixed? Thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I remember reading something about the steering wheel alignment not being centered. I actually noticed on my 2016 Advance. If the steering wheel is pointed straight in relation to the vehicle (not the instrument cluster), the car will steer to the left. Does anyone have this problem and was it fixed? Thanks.
I believe it was me. I did take to the dealer and the checked an alignment and concluded that the toe was a bit out, however that did not correct the problem. It is slightly better but not how it's suppose to be. I think I'll take to some reputable tire shop to deal with it. Dealers are friggin clueless and I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it was me. I did take to the dealer and the checked an alignment and concluded that the toe was a bit out, however that did not correct the problem. It is slightly better but not how it's suppose to be. I think I'll take to some reputable tire shop to deal with it. Dealers are friggin clueless and I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my time.
I took the MDX (SH-AWD) for its first oil change on Thursday and informed the service consultant of this issue. Believe it or not, they fixed it. It is now 99% perfect. Supposedly they did it under warranty. This is another poor quality control from Acura.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I took the MDX (SH-AWD) for its first oil change on Thursday and informed the service consultant of this issue. Believe it or not, they fixed it. It is now 99% perfect. Supposedly they did it under warranty. This is another poor quality control from Acura.
What exactly did they do? Was your alignment out? Do you have the before and after numbers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Help us out, my MDX is the same, and they keep telling me "it meets specs" despite pulling left.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told they did adjust something mechanical between the front wheels. The Alignment was not off but the steering wheel was not centered during the alignment procedures at factory. Oil change, car wash, tires rotation, and the steering wheel fix all took about 70 minutes. This means it was a very simple fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Help us out, my MDX is the same, and they keep telling me "it meets specs" despite pulling left.
Mine was pulling slightly to the right, the thing was that it really only pulled when in IDS sport mode. Had it in to the dealer 4 times and even though they did an alignment and thought they fixed it every time, sometimes I would get it back in IDS normal mode so it wasn't pulling and they thought they fixed it. Just had an A1 service and get them to throw in the tire rotation for free. After rotating the tires, the pulling was gone.

Of course, I'm disappointed that they couldn't figure this out earlier and concerned that when they rotate the tires back around it will start pulling again. But for now, I'm happy that it's no longer pulling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2016 MDX Pull / Drift to right pulling drifting steering problem suspension

Mine was pulling slightly to the right, the thing was that it really only pulled when in IDS sport mode. Had it in to the dealer 4 times and even though they did an alignment and thought they fixed it every time, sometimes I would get it back in IDS normal mode so it wasn't pulling and they thought they fixed it. Just had an A1 service and get them to throw in the tire rotation for free. After rotating the tires, the pulling was gone.

Of course, I'm disappointed that they couldn't figure this out earlier and concerned that when they rotate the tires back around it will start pulling again. But for now, I'm happy that it's no longer pulling.
Any update on this? My MDX 2016 (12k miles on it) pulls to the right VERY BAD. I am constantly fighting with the wheel to keep the car back in line. What is wrong? did you diagnose the root cause?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
^^ This thread has been dead for over 2 years so it's kind of pointless posting on it.

You already have your thread on your vehicle pulling after the accident. I don't know what you hope to gain by posting the same thing on a bunch of old dead threads. You're better off keeping it focused on the one thread you created.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts