Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guys I’m having issue with the infamous VSA, I don’t think it’s any sensor on the wheels or the vsa module. My issue is in the steering I think.. when I readjust the steering column to the rack and pinionand it drives straight , the wheel is straight it has 0 issues...... of the wheel is cocked sideways which it does sometimes after I make a hard left or right turn the VSA freaks out!!! Brakes pump and all the good stuff. The VSA light goes away with key off and key back on. also if I disable the VSA by the switch I never have an issue Just the orange triangle saying it’s disabled which is no biggie. I replaced theouter tie rods as they were bad but the inner was fine. I believe it’s an issue with the steering causing the vsa to freak out because the car thinks it’s constantly spinning... but I’m not sure, the steering seems tight when I move the wheel from left to right the rack and pinion moves as it should and there is no play. Does anyone have anything else I can check before I replace this rack and pinion?? It’s just really annoying. Also if the wheel is all the way to the right or left it takes 3 3/8th turns to complete complete left or right movement

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'll bet dollars to donuts that the problem is that your rack is loose. Make sure it's in the "straight steering wheel / straight front wheels mode" and tighten down the rack (you might also check the steering box). Other than that, I'd be VERY cautious, as if there's anything else slipping that much (causing the VSA errors and misalignment of the steering wheel), it could get worse (and being able to control the direction of the vehicle is a very nice option).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I’m going to check adjustment on it and see is that helps. If not I’ll just replace it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts